CMDR_FEKLHR (Avorion Logo Ship // Planet Killer // Cargo-Tug EX-4993)

cmdr_feklhr

Attempting to reach Ludicrous Speed with the Planet Killer. Also, covered half of the ship with tiny blocks to mold the proper shape. I'm up to 6,909 blocks and no performance drop. I'm impressed.

Looks very cool!  8)

Since you don't provide the .xml, I can't be sure how you designed and built this "Planet Killer". However, I think it's safe to assume that you used the traditional ship-building method. By that, I mean I doubt that you took advantage of known exploits to get insane engine and thruster performance by overlapping or "void technology".

Scytales shared several "modules" of compact, cheap, and efficient engine/thruster blocks as well as shield generators and power generators. (See the Scytales Laboratories, Optimized Starter Ships and Ship Modules [.xml] thread.)

I'm just thinking that you could hide a few dozen X-009 Needlepoint as "modules" around the perimeter of your current huge engine complex and then convert your current engines into glow blocks. (Thrusters work better the further from the center of mass.) Or, perhaps you could use W, A,S, D to scale the X-009 to make it huge and use only two or three of them?

By itself, each of his modules only requires 1 mechanic. You should end up with even better performance, yet at a small fraction of the current mechanic and engineer requirements. To make the glow bocks appear a bit more like thrusters, you could color the outer ring of them a golden yellow and the inner ring(s) could be a whiter and hotter shade of yellow. Up close, that would not look quite as good as real engine blocks. But they would still seem like engines and would still be impressive.

Also, hiding several Scytales' "Void Generators" and "Void Shield" inside could probably add a lot of energy and shields without much credit or resource cost (esp. if they were converted to Avorion, Xanion or Trinium).

Just a thought.

Thanks for the info! I actually have no thruster or engine shortage on this behemoth. The "Mouth" of the Planet Killer is comprised of, entirely, xanion glow blocks. The thrusters and engines are hidden inside with no clipping.

I'm sure I could use exploits, but this is my main, single-player file. With this specific build I prefer not to use any exploits.

Thank you for the suggestions, though! I'll be providing the XMLs once I've completed each of my builds.

How did you get the black blocks so...black? When I try to spray mine black, most just get darker a few shades rather than get really dark.

You may not have found a true black yet. Either that or the gamma needs adjusting. What specific dark color are you using?

Dark Grey apparently, thought it was black. My bad.

How did you get the black blocks so...black? When I try to spray mine black, most just get darker a few shades rather than get really dark.

You may not have found a true black yet. Either that or the gamma needs adjusting. What specific dark color are you using?

Dark Grey apparently, thought it was black. My bad.

All good! Keep searching! You'll find *Black* eventually. :)

Omg the planet Killer.  I neeedhhh iiitt !  Very well made, I kinda feel it like a living lifeform instead of a ship. I'm a fan of giant ships in this game, the bigger they are, the best it is x') I can already see myself stuffing  lot and lot of long range railguns in the eye of the beast.

The star shaped one kinda remind me BSG Base stars, I could totaly fit an absurd amount of heatseeking rockets on that thing.

Omg the planet Killer.  I neeedhhh iiitt !  Very well made, I kinda feel it like a living lifeform instead of a ship. I'm a fan of giant ships in this game, the bigger they are, the best it is x') I can already see myself stuffing  lot and lot of long range railguns in the eye of the beast.

The star shaped one kinda remind me BSG Base stars, I could totaly fit an absurd amount of heatseeking rockets on that thing.

Funny -- I have about 18 Railguns mounted in the eye. You can't see them because of the bloom effects.

I present the CF-140 SRCB (Short-Range-Cargo-Barge).

This craft's intended purpose is to move cargo from storage facilities to LRCB's (Long-Range-Cargo-Barge). This craft is able to maneuver gracefully within a busy port and with it's unique design, is able to load cargo in a fast, efficient manner.

The CF-140 is specifically intended to function with the entire CF-CB Freight line. It is important to note the CF-140 is not easily adaptable to other shipping methods.

Featuring adjustable vertical arms, and easily replaceable engines. While the ship is capable of short jumps, it is recommended to retain the CF-140 in a single sector during normal operation as the hyper-space recharge is not optimized for frequent use.

Enjoy.

C4cfKb2UkAADfSP.jpg:small

More images:

C4cfKbzVcAA2BPZ.jpg:small

C4cfKdqUEAILwJj.jpg:small

C4cfKdvVMAE164D.jpg:small

C4cf8gsUkAAvwlg.jpg:small

C4cf8g0UkAAd-9O.jpg:small

C4cf8g4VcAAi4Cl.jpg:small

C4cf8g1UcAAotHZ.jpg:small

C4cgW5RVcAA8IVX.jpg:small

C4cgW5UUYAA8_gv.jpg:small

C4cgW5WUoAEysqt.jpg:small

C4cgW5VUMAAOzXo.jpg:small

C4cgxi8VUAAa_3j.jpg:small

C4cgxk3UMAEN2IA.jpg:small

Containers!, what size are your containers? I was also going to make my containers nice an ribbed with many blocks,

I was opting also for 13 (not 9 but effectively the same) and found the ambient occlusion played up, so I opted to just got for single blocks for each container.... IMO looks better.

Containers!, what size are your containers? I was also going to make my containers nice an ribbed with many blocks,

I was opting also for 13 (not 9 but effectively the same) and found the ambient occlusion played up, so I opted to just got for single blocks for each container.... IMO looks better.

Each cargo container in the CF-140 is a single block measuring .75 x .75 x 1.75 (7.5 meters x 7.5 meters x 17.5 meters). Each unit contains 48 cargo containers. The CF-140 is adjustable and can fit most needs within the CF-CB Freight Line.

C4ejF2TVYAE7DYM.jpg:small

Larger Image:

C4ejF2TVYAE7DYM.jpg