Your Faction Lore

Sofa

A favorite pastime for folks in many building game communities (especially From the Depths, Space Engineers) is to develop a sort of story to tie their builds together.

Avorion seems to have a very young community, but if anyone else here has already taken to thinking about their faction lore, please dump it here because it's late and I'm bored.

I'm still writing it but the long and short of it is that the galaxy in my fiction, called Nevercosm, is similar to the one in Avorion with the Galatic core sealed off.  However, it was sealed off by the Goddess of the Galaxy, Yaune Siph, to save the human race, referred to as Prime Terrans.  They were mostly all moved to the galactic core by the Goddess before a great Seal was put in place.  However, over the next two thousand years a new version of humanity, called the Neo Terrans, popped up and began to spread through the galaxy outside the Great Seal.  The two primary villains of the piece are the Cult of the Zoth who want to reinstate the former God of the Galaxy, Karn Ra Zoth, who was a very bad dude and the so called E-Xenos, who are extra-galactic aliens invading from outside the outer rim.  Since the E-Xenos are from outside the galaxy the Goddess has no power over them and starts recruiting people, giving them Avorion ships to go fight the E-Xenos with.  These people are call Divine Servants.  The whole thing is supposed to be space steampunk themed, but we'll see what I can do.