Tech Level and material of weapons

mysteryx

Hi@

High Techlevels on weapons, where do I find them?

On my galaxy we have Techlevel 47 to craft as a weapon, we found some Techlevel 50 weapons... But we cant see a maximum level and dont know whats the end of this scala.

What do the material of weapons do?

o/

The closer to the core you get, the higher the tech gets.

Tech level determines roughly how powerful a turret can be, further modified by RNG of the stats it actually gets.  Higher tech level = more crew = bigger size of the turret.  There does seem to be a cap to where tech level actually increases stats, looks to be in the general vicinity of 50.

Turret material, at least for weapons, just determines the highest tier of block material you can mount that turret on.  For mining and salvage turrets, it also determines the highest tier of material you can use it on.

Dunno about turret stats themselves. In my tinkering with turret factory scripting, I've found you can actually tweak how much damage and rate of fire a turret has, and probably energy/sec, but the range stat only actually changes if the turret generates with a +n% to range effect. Without that, the turret targets and attempts to fire at the stated range, but appears to default to a base range for the turret type. Unsure if this is a bug.