Shipsizes and classes

mysteryx

Hi there

Steamarchievement told me to do a barrelroll in a Battleship.

What is a battleship? And what is a battlecruiser, destroyer, corvett and other classes?

Is there any overview of these? Or an other way to get my class?

I wasn't aware that the game made a distinction between classes of ship - probably by volume, but I haven't seen anything pointing to that. Maybe it has yet to be implemented?

I figure, if in doubt, build the biggest, most heavily-armed monster that you can, and that's bound to be classified as such.

Hi there

Steamarchievement told me to do a barrelroll in a Battleship.

What is a battleship? And what is a battlecruiser, destroyer, corvett and other classes?

Is there any overview of these? Or an other way to get my class?

I haven´t seen any official class system, even though some NPC ships are titled (like Corvette, Cruiser etc.)

In real life, Corvettes are 500-2000 tons, Frigates are upto 7000 tons, Destroyers upto 10000 tons, Cruisers upto 20 000 tons, Battlecruisers upto 40 000 tons, Battleships upto 70000 tons.

So you can probably go by this, and make your own classification :)

My guess is the system is based on volume in some way.  The NPC ship classes get harder and harder to kill as they go up in class.  Which speaks to me of them being made out of larger more healthy blocks.  Though it's a bit odd since they don't always look that much bigger.  But, I guess that could just be my eyes tricking me based on perspective and exact ship construction.