Feature request: Knife Tool for Building Mode

TsunamiFM

Suggestion

Sometimes it could be very useful to be able to split block into two smaller ones, the opposite of Merge Blocks function.

Use case: you have some other blocks attached to big block, and big block removal would force you to redo those attached blocks again. Being able to split big block would allow you to keep attached blocks untouched.

I've prepared simple illustration of the problem and how knife tool could help here below - attached block I'd like to keep untouched is marked with green circle, place where I'd like to divide the big block is marked with red line:

zZcxBi0h.jpg

This could work as Knife Tool in Loop Mode in Cinema 4D. It's illustrated on this YouTube movie, Loop Mode presentation starts at 3m55s:

2 answers to this suggestion

More than that, i'd like a "dig" tool too.

To build ships, i like to make a shape, then arrange it. With games with lots of smalls blocks (Starmade, From the Depth, Minecraft...) it's quite easy, but because Avorion uses another building concept, it makes many changes tedious (but also some easier constructions too with the stetching tool).

From the Creation part of the forum, the Cyclop : http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1351.0.html

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/159151765544069084/971BCF10BE9CE89783AB51FEBEF7DBE5F309BD19/

From the firt model on the left, it would be awesome to cut the edges, angles, to then have a smoother shape. Maybe not to reach the last model to the right, but at least to "adjust" parts without having to redo all.