Trinium Cannons x10 - No damage

RosyUnicorn

So I felt this one is kinda special, and I'd love to hear from you guys when you fix it. I find the bug interesting.

First off, my ship! On the side there you can see the specs of the ship + the gun itself.

Y04vUMjl.jpg

If I fire all guns at the same time I will do 0 damage. I will destroy 0 blocks. More than 2 shell hits will cause 0 damage (occasionally I get lucky if I hit at an angle).

If I fire ONE gun at an asteroid less than 5km away, I need to fire once every 4 second if I wanna do damage. If I miss I still have to wait another 4 seconds before I fire after the shots dissapear.

If I am getting fired at by an enemy more than 4km away, I will have to wait AT LEAST 4 seconds (without anyone taking damage, and between shots). What it means is, if I fire a shot, I will have to wait an additional 4 seconds after the shells dissapear. If I get hit within this time-frame I will have to wait another 4 seconds. All the while the machine guns works perfectly during all this.

If I am within 3km I can spam away with one gun (2 shells).

It was kind off laggy (skipping between 60 and <30 fps) in the area so I'm gonna do some tests in more secluded areas.

Been playing around for a bit, and there's a lot of things that are wierd.

To be clear; I'm playing a "closed" singleplayer game.

I noticed that if my ship recoils a lot there's a larger chance nothing happens. I tried weighing down the ship, and suddenly more shots went in. What's even funnier, if I rotate between the guns (and enough is going on) the recoil will stop effecting me. It will push me backwards, but the "twitch" will be gone. This effect dissapears if I start moving a lot.

At 10km I get about 1 in every 5 shots in.

Below 4km I get about 1 in 3. At this point I can do a couple of volleys with 2 guns (yay!) as they sometimes go in.

Below 2km and most shots go in. Still a full broadside does nothing. I can use up to 3 turrets, but usually at the end of the battle.

I noticed when trying it out again that I sometimes get odd lagspikes, and then a flurry of numbers popup. The cannons are acting like they are suffering from horrible latency. It's almost as if the shells is handled differently than the other munitions, as all the other numbers are popping up as they should.

I'm guessing it has to do with the physics. The knockback, the recoil and the AOE- I think the server messes up the numbers, lags and moves on. Noted an asteroid I semi-destroyed was permanently twitching, and became completely immune to any further fire from the cannons. If I get a REALLY good hit, things start to spin around for a bit, twitches and moves on like before. Only happens when there's damage involved. If the target isn't damaged, the game moves on like normal.

Dunno about the 500meter. Mostly been trying it out in normal scenarios where I've hovered between 7km and 1.5km.

Anything you'd like me to try?

PS: No sleep, much coffe. I hope I'm making sense!

Is it a known issue that cannons break the server / client sync?

Scenario:

2x chainguns, 2x Cannons, 500m to enemy.

Chainguns spray flurry of damage. Cannons do 0 damage. 5 shots later, slight studder appears and then a flurry of between 2-5k damage from cannons. All the while every single other weapon work as they should.

I get the general de-sync, I'm interested in how I seem to get isolated de-syncs when using cannons. As in suddenly 0 re-coil (when this happens I hit 8 out of 10 times regardless of range using a single cannon).

Basically, there's a whole new level of mechanics when using this one weapon.