W40K + Original ships

Shieldmate

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing with the Cobra (swapped out to all Titanium) since early Friday and man do I love this ship. While the details and absolute closeness to the Cobra model impress me, I'm even more impressed by the performance of the ship.

It's so pretty I've been agonizing on how to add some upgrades like integrity field and shield generators but I think I figured out how to do it. One of the Cobra variants has an additional set of smaller winglets about half way along the main body, so I'm thinking about adding them to the ship in the same way you did. Hopefully I can scale down some panels to hide the lighted effects on those.

I'm dissecting it right now to learn how you built it from inside out so I can replicate that level of performance on my own designs. I might try to model a Chaos Idolator or Infidel, we'll see.

VERY nice work, and thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I loaded in a Stratos, "Abstract Wrangling" and "Sector Runner" next to the Dauntless.  If you've spent more than 30 minutes on these forums looking for cool ideas, you know these ships (or have at least seen the posts).

Hands down, the Dauntless wins in speed (Jeezuz is this thing fast off the line!), maneuverability (it stops and turns on a dime) and cost (sub 1-million ?  hell ya).  It helps that it looks freeking cool and with a tiny bit of paint customization, it fits my mid-game build perfectly.

Thank you, Shieldmate for creating an attainable early/mid-game vessel that performs well, looks great and is cost effective.