I went so fast I lost the entire sector in an instant... (Speed record? Anyone?)

Scytales

Fly faster !!

You didn't even got 1% (2.997.924 m/s) of lightspeed yet ! :-)

I actually clipped through an asteroid on the way out of the sector. The collision didn't even register, and I was just beginning to accelerate then.

When turning, the camera even lags behind the craft in a weird chase angle about 1km away. Safe to say, anything that goes this fast will be uncontrollable. You can't even see where the hell you are when turning.  :o

I'll do more experiments next time, and I will once again try to break this record. For now, I'll try shooting down a pirate with this paper thin unshielded hologram craft. Their shots all miss at this speed. Should be fun :P

Yup.

There is absolutely no way anybody can get to that speed without a bypass. :P

Actually, there is!

1. Make ship

2. Edit XML with programming magic to make ship so tiny it has a mass of 0

3. Get shot with chaingun or so

4. Get flung away at light speed  ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Well, i decided i should go for a specialized ship for a speed record.

I made this. Engines, some thrusters, engines, energy modules, and.. ah yes, engines.

raw (no modules) ship stats behind spoiler:

KwXOnR4.jpg

Then i added some modules, more Engineers, and... here is the result. Over 300 000 m/s. [skip to 2:00 for start of acceleration]

WHOA WAIT! you mean to tell me it's possible to fly around planets!? And yet! You didn't try to fly straight at it??? I wanna see if you can ram into that planet, no collision and PUSH THAT PLANET! lmao

I tried that. It has no collision, you just pass through it. That's why i decided not to go into planet in the video.