Mining bots

Smeg

Hello.

So, Ive been building me a small fleet of mining ships. who is controlled by AI. I order them to mine, but they eventually start shooting each other down.

I had a total of 5 small mining ships. and now there is only one left  :'(

Do any of you guys have the same experience? what can i do to prevent this behavior?

Yeah mine do that too - the best things you can do is make sure the mining ships are as small as possible, and put some minor plate armour on them. I basically do checks here and there to make sure they're not totally dead - then do some quick repairs in build mode.

I have not experinced it offen even tried they shoot on me. But i have had a max of 2 miners at once. If they die from shooting each other i don't know. Maby your core block is easy to get to or they are very very weak ships.

Edit: Do you have guns on you miner?

I usually dont put guns on my miners. Ive heard when an AI ship gets shot itnwill attack the attack. I cant confirm this, but maybe your miners that work in close proximity accidently shot each other then started fighting?

I usually use 2 miners and have never had an issie with them firing on each other or myself

Well yea but if they are given the command to mine i am 90% sure they do not defend them self. But if you give them the follow you command, they will shoot on ships that shoot on you, even if its one of you own ship that shoot you. I don't know how they start the fight might be a shot by accedient, don't know if they bump one will count as an attack. But giving them a new command will stop the fight, Unless a new bug happens  ::)

Yea they were pritty weak though.. bare minimum to make them as cheep as possible. Didnt have guns.. so it was death by mining laser  ;D but i observed that they were flying around the roids mining, so it might have been one flying into anothers miningbeam or something.

My fighters were attacking each other today and then they turned on the faction in the sector..

I crashed my ship at high speed when looking backwards and the fighters were still deployed and I was forced into controlling them.

I exited to drone and started to build a new ship until they went haywire and made me hated in the sector and my build was destroyed... I was then stuck controlling fighters that I couldn't even kamikazi into anything. That was a rubbish hour  :P