Avorion Server...........up and running

Freejack

Come join me....... the address is fjbbs.gotdns.com (68.117.251.9) port 24000 right now only 10 slots. This is dynamic IP so it may change if it does look up the url it will always give correct IP. This server is a HP G5 DL360 with 2x Xeon Quad Core Cpu's (8 Cpu's) 12GB of ram and with 6TB of storage. I run a few other things on here. Till the slot restriction thing is figured out we will be at 10. One basic ground rule treat everyone with respect.

• Boxelware Team

In order to resolve the maxPlayers problem, you could modify the shell script running the server. Just add --maxPlayers 20 to the command line when starting it up, might not be the prettiest way for now, but it should work. This should be fixed in 0.6.

Is there a way to get server to show people logging in and out in real time in terminal? I know the log will show it. Also I know your planning on fixing the url in 0.6..... could we move it to 0.5.4? If so I wouldn't mind this dedicated server being the test server for whatever you want to throw at it.

• Boxelware Team
Is there a way to get server to show people logging in and out in real time in terminal?

As a matter of fact, there is. You just have to edit the startup script of the server. Add the lines

writeConsole("Player " .. name .. " joined the galaxy\n")

and

writeConsole("Player " .. name .. " left the galaxy\n")

after the Server_BroadcastChatMessage(...) lines in the respective callbacks.

Is there a way to get server to show people logging in and out in real time in terminal?

As a matter of fact, there is. You just have to edit the startup script of the server. Add the lines

and

Your not meaning server.sh? the other is a bin file that is executed by server.sh.

and

Also forgot to ask is there a way to timestamp these?

• 2 weeks later...