QOL: Personal/team beacons/waypoints/Tags

GrimJahk

Suggestion

Notes per sector are great but you have to go and read every note... If I need to find something I'd like to see a colored exclamation point to see that I made personal notes...  and dropping a "beacon" in space while in a sector would be amazing... or the ability to "tag" an object with a beacon...

... I'm in the middle of Mining an asteroid.. Pirates warp in... I drop a beacon or just tag that asteroid I'm working on and go and fight.. then in the middle of the fight I get jumped by some enemy alliance ships... so I tag the wreck of the pirate I just killed and go deal with the intruders... after all the fighting and salvaging I can still see the two tags from my interrupted Mining op and that Pirate wreck I forgot about...

Also a great way to keep track of the mega-asteroids that I may choose to build a mine on...

2 answers to this suggestion

I second the idea ... If i may, let me call it a Marking Beacon.

With a Marking Beacon system, it could possible work this way

1.  With that C43 Find Object thing, or

2.  Have a separate slot upgrade item for personal beacons.

So, if i understand your idea, you would physically "mark" an item with a beacon device - then off you go to fight pirates or whatever.

Like other space junk, i wonder if the beacon would then Dissapear after the 30 minute refresh  - or is it 60 minutes?

In any case, it could possibly make for another interesting approach in game.