Balance? Salvagers too powerful as combat weapons...

GrimJahk

Suggestion

At low levels (where I am now) it feels like Salvagers are simply the go to weapon... tank up, charge in, Borg them, and done... Salvaging lasers are significantly more powerful than any weapons early game...

But lets be honest there is still a need for them and their function... but their purpose is for dissecting a wreck... not a ship that is fighting back... what if they were reasonably "Fragile" in that the immense power they put out is so finely tuned that each time your ship takes damage, the salvaging laser takes a few seconds to re-calibrate...

They can still be an incredible Alpha strike if you can get close enough without aggro, but once the enemy combatant does damage the calibration cycle starts over...  And once you hit a ship with that sort of damage output, you suddenly become the biggest threat on the field...

6 answers to this suggestion

Salvagers are weapons designed to cut ships apart... it is a weapon in the same as a plasma ark welder is a weapon. There is no reason for it to be weak.

Also fwiw chainguns are much better then salvagers, my old red iron triple chain gun was deadly as hell.

Yeah, i recently got titanium red triple chaingun, with burst fire property and - 332% damage increase. That thing alone, deals more than 1/3 of my dps (and I have 20 turrets), specifically 82damage with 12 rof...  I would love to see more of these :D

The limiting factor is range.

Personally i don't care for salvage turrets in combat anymore.

I only use them on hidden station wrecks i find laying around, otherwise i just blast wrecks with regular turrets cause the modules are worth much much more the raw materials.