70 hours in, and here are some of my mostly QOL ideas.

glitter_balls

Suggestion

This game is awesome and I'm having a great time playing it. There are a few annoyances though and I thought I'd lay them out here.

SHIP CONTROL:

It would be awesome if the No Turning key could be toggle-able. Basically I would like to be able to toggle the thrusters on or off.

Related: toggling for both firing and moving forward would be awesome too.

A flip to reverse button. For braking.

BUILD SCREEN:

This is where I find myself fighting with the game the most.

Resources should be taken from you only after exiting the build mode. Just messing around with ideas can bankrupt you because you don't get the full refund when undoing or removing a block.

In general your ship functions should pause while building. If I want to overhaul my ship and change the generator or crew quarters I have to do it super fast or risk having my crew die on me.

As many have mentioned before - A free roam camera.

When applying a plan from your saved ships, it would be good to know the resource cost before pushing the button.

When adding engines and thrusters it would be good to know the potential top speed with full crew. At the moment it shows the uncrewed speed and I have to add crew before I know how fast the ship I just built will go.

EXTRAS:

These are not so much quality of life but things I would like to see.

Docking or storing smaller craft in your large one. I love using super heavy tankers but it would be nice to have a shuttle (that was better than the drone, and one that could hire crew) that I could use to zip around a sector in.

Set salvage or mining fighters to salvage/mine the whole sector without dictating actual targets.

Regional products. At the moment taking a wormhole across the galaxy has no use in trading. It would seem that being able to bring stuff from afar would make for nice profits but really its all the same. Maybe having local alcohols or cultural items (music?) being generated might be an idea?

I think that's it for now. Great game! looking forward to seeing what's coming.

1 answer to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

Thanks for all the input, the devs are already working on some of the things you mentioned. For example the toggling for moving forward is planned for the upcoming alliances update.

The free camera is even live now. Press Num 5 and control it with arrow keys.

For the proposed changes of the building mode: I, personally like it better the way it is, as it lets you plan ahead how much credits/ressources you have left for other ship parts.

As for your other ideas we will discuss them with the devs :)