[Request] If Possible Keep a System open with ship/stations owned by the player.

Kane Hart

I have a beefy PC so I'm not too worried myself. I like to keep a zone loaded if I have a ship or station loaded if possible. Not sure if scripts at this time can stop a zone from shutting down let alone start them up but it's worth a try :)

I do know about the mod that simulates production overtime but it's still quite not the same as true feature.

at the moment thats not possible in this way. i can suggst you the "out of sector" mod wich calculates the production while you are away.

but koonshi said that hes working on it that sectors kepp beeing loaded if stations or ships are in them

at the moment thats not possible in this way. i can suggst you the "out of sector" mod wich calculates the production while you are away.

but koonshi said that hes working on it that sectors kepp beeing loaded if stations or ships are in them

Yeah I know both. It's to bad we can't mod it in. As far as I know the out of sector does not simulate local trade to it? For example if I make a power plant would it get resources?

The developer is working hard on the mod, and from what I understand from it, but haven't tested myself, is that when you build a station with a warp gate in the sector it will also bring npc ships to trade with the stations.

I will ask him if it would be possible but for now his mod does a pretty decent job at generating income through stations and mines, it also works on shipyards building ships.

In his latest version he also added the feature to transport asteroids to another sector by paying 500.000 credits, which is pretty handy if you want to set up a complete factory line in one system.

There are still a few minor bugs but he has been able to fix them the moment he read my logs so it's looking pretty good :)

Just to add if anyone looking at keeping system open. I forced mine open but I found out the mining for example seems to pause. So if a player is not moving in a system maybe it pauses some of the scripts? either way pointless to venture into this right now till Koonschi does this himself.

assuming you use a high sectorUpdateTimeLimit to force it open (which will cause lag if you travel a lot since all the sectors end up staying open) then the mining issue your referring to seem to be caused by weakUpdate=true, change it to false and everything continue normally in open sector with no players on (until the sector gets unloaded)