Repair turrets question

GrimJahk

Yesterday I was playing Vulture... watching a battle between two factions that I could not assist in without either choosing side or getting squished... Waiting for drops and salvage opportunities, and a repair turret dropped that I could mount on my ship...

After the fight was over, I tried to use it on one of the surviving ships to no effect... I assume that is intended... however I wonder if it should be allowable... you can accidentally shoot someone and get faction hits... intentionally repairing them should be possible and give you a minor faction kick... say 0.25 points per HP... it would take hours to farm up Faction this way, but it certainly would allow you to crawl out of Poor standing to allow yourself to access their support buildings for other stuff...

Going one step further, I have yet to make one of these work... I assume that you must have the actual material in stock to affect said repairs?

That would also be in line with basically giving them materials... and it would be a reasonable barrier to keep someone that is at Naonite level from repairing a ship that is two or three techs above their level (unless they have been scooping up debris to fuel the repairs)

Then you mechanic's would need that material too.

Repair is just fill up the HP's not replace missing part's/block's.

LOVE THIS!

Also: Repair turrets should need Mechanics to operate.

And, Yes, I was thinking that repair turrets only increase HP of non-destroyed blocks.

You couldn't get them to work? Huh, that would be an awful shame. I was thinking about making a support ship for my fleet, and running it myself. I guess I'll have to confirm whether the repair laser works or not, before I start on designs.

You couldn't get them to work? Huh, that would be an awful shame. I was thinking about making a support ship for my fleet, and running it myself. I guess I'll have to confirm whether the repair laser works or not, before I start on designs.

I'm guessing that it would work on my own ships if I was running a fleet... Maybe on another player in co-op...

I just know I tried to use it (unsuccessfully) as a faction farming tool because it made sense...