Avorion Ship Rescaling - Simple Copy paste guide.

Zemiarch

The thing with this method is very rarely can you ever get anything to snap. 90% of the time it's "overlapping too many blocks". I've spent the last 30 minutes manipulating things to try to paste mine, adjusting grid sizes, etc. Nothing works. They need a feature where you can "Apply plan" using different materials than the original build.

The thing with this method is very rarely can you ever get anything to snap. 90% of the time it's "overlapping too many blocks". I've spent the last 30 minutes manipulating things to try to paste mine, adjusting grid sizes, etc. Nothing works. They need a feature where you can "Apply plan" using different materials than the original build.

Applying plan with different materials:

1. Hold space (or press big + on bottom row)

2- Upper right corner is "template material" - pick your desired material.

3. Select blocks to be rescaled and inserted

4. Ctrl+C

5. Open build menu (as in 1)

6. Bottom part of build menu is templates

7. Pick one template slot and CTRL+V

8. Pick your inserted template, now it is made of your previously selected material

9. Rescale as usual block

10. Hold left alt, and choose a side of block, which you want your selection to snap by

11. Apply

12. ??

13. Profit!

7. Profit

Applying plan with different materials:

1. Hold space (or press big + on bottom row)

2- Upper right corner is "template material" - pick your desired material.

3. Select blocks to be rescaled and inserted

4. Ctrl+C

5. Open build menu (as in 1)

6. Bottom part of build menu is templates

7. Pick one template slot and CTRL+V

8. Pick your inserted template, now it is made of your previously selected material

9. Rescale as usual block

10. Hold left alt, and choose a side of block, which you want your selection to snap by

11. Apply

12. ??

13. Profit!

7. Profit

BING! That right there is what I was missing. Only thing I was having a hard time with is trying to get it to snap. That right there...invaluable info!! No problems now  :) Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to control the scaling using this method so that it moves up and down in discrete steps of whole numbers? For example say I build a ship and want to double it in size precisely so that the grid sizes stay consistent.

the problem with the overlapping seems to be the root block, that very first block you start a new ship with, that seems to be the snap point for the copied blocks, so if that root block in inside your ship not on the outside then you're stuffed.

although there is supposed to be some way to change the snap point by holding the left alt

the problem with the overlapping seems to be the root block, that very first block you start a new ship with, that seems to be the snap point for the copied blocks, so if that root block in inside your ship not on the outside then you're stuffed.

although there is supposed to be some way to change the snap point by holding the left alt

my workaround for this is to order a tiny ship from a shipyard, delete all but the root-block, which will also be tiny, then apply the shrunken ship-plan to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to control the scaling using this method so that it moves up and down in discrete steps of whole numbers? For example say I build a ship and want to double it in size precisely so that the grid sizes stay consistent.

For anything you're pasting, you can adjust the scale step to what you want, ctrl-v your shape, and hold Q to resize.

If you resize it one step, you can release Q and then hold Q again to apply the same resize step or change the scale step, and resize at that step instead.

If you want to apply a template to a new ship, make a 1 block ship at the shipyard, attach a thin pole to it, paste the template you want and stick it to the pole. You want your new center block (for me almost always the engine running the full length of the ship) to be the attachment point to the pole.

Disable safe mode, delete the original block and the pole, and whatever was attached to the pole will now be the new primary block.

Instead of a template, you can also take a ship design from the Saved Ships window, just "Copy to Clipboard" and ctrl-v that, instead of Apply. This way you can also put multiple templates or ship designs onto each other.

My barge as an example, with 8 of my original hauler designs stuck together and some small modifications made:

0C2E45F39CD3006AD11209B4E33988BB360EA189