BREAKING NEWS: Fighters can dock with stations!

MrVorgra

After obtaining control of a fighter you can dock with the station and safely purchase:

• Weapons
  • System Upgrades

I am unsure about:

• Fighters I assume not due to fighters having no hangers
  • Cargo I assume not due to fighters having no cargo
  • Crew The crew are assigned to the fighter, I don't know if they are transferred to the parent ship when the fighter docks

This is great for those with big lumbering ships and all you want is that gun or system.

If you are unaware you can pilot fighters, you can also manually dock fighters.

When a fighter has been deployed, target the/a fighter and press 'T' to enter it, from there CINEMATIC DOG FIGHTS with other fighters.

It can sometimes be a pain to get close enough if your still controlling the parent ship, so try exiting to your drone, they won't run away from that.

• 1 month later...

Just one thing.  I have looked and looked and not found how to assign fighters to  stations/mines.  I have a Hangar with open slots and pilots, but I can't figure out how to get my fighters in to a stationary station or mine?

Thanks

K

Just one thing.  I have looked and looked and not found how to assign fighters to  stations/mines.  I have a Hangar with open slots and pilots, but I can't figure out how to get my fighters in to a stationary station or mine?

Thanks

K

You can't. You either need to buy them before you turn it into a station, or use a mod that does transfer fighters (which i use, which is great :)

What he's saying is that you can take control of a fighter and use that to dock with a station.

It's a bit confusing because as landing fighters in a hanger can also be called docking.

must admit I too thought you meant stations could use fighters now :(

With do respect this is a bug, fighters you buy, should only be assigned to one thing and that's your ship to fighter other enemy's in space.

How ever they may introduce cargo ships for your hangers, this would then collect and retrieve items from space or space stations.

This would be something to look forward to, IF Dev introduce this within the game mechanics, again i can only imagine this within the future of development.

Hardly as anyone can do it via your mining drone, it's a function of the game mechanics, unless they change it so that material and loot take up cargo space we'll always have it.

Fighters cannot move cargo or crew about, just like the drone, but materials and loot they can as it's a central pool not bound to a ship.