[Building Mode] Change pivot of preview block? (SOLVED)

Val

I don't think that's possible. But you might try changing the snap setting. Sometimes I turn snap totally off, to place something very specific. Other times I add a temporary block to build off of, then delete it: thus making it seem as if the block was placed somewhere else. This is good cause it keeps the grid active.

Is it possible to somehow change the point where the mouse pointer touches the preview block, so I can attach the preview on another point than its boundary center?

It doesn´t seem possible with standard basic blocks, but it is possible if you copy and paste more than one block at once - such structures can be "handled" on another point, if you hold alt while placing it.

@skullcowboy60 Hehe, when I re-read my question I was slightly confused too.

@JayNic I'd really like to understand this trick. You place a temporary block and build things on it and then delete the temp block? Whenever I tried that, I got the safe mode error and when I disabled safe mode and deleted the temp block all its child blocks were gone as well. I'm probably on the wrong path.^^

@Tsunamik The "Alt" key thing is exactly what I was looking for. Now that I know this, it opens up so many cool possibilities. I wish it would work for basic shapes tho I think I understand why it does not.