Feature of Object Finders - Sector tools

daemonreaver

Suggestion

Would it be much to ask that the Legendary variants actually highlight the Objects, as indicated? As yet, in Sp and MP, I still have to fly around till I find the large asteroids to claim.

Also, a feature, or a sub-type of the upgrade module, would allow highlighting of wrecks, as they can get very hard to find visually, and often totally unable to find.

Additionally, a system to bookmark locations within a sector via right-clicking would be quite useful!

4 answers to this suggestion

1. It's not only legendary variants that highlight items, I believe, and when object detectors say they'll highlight objects they always do, for me.  The statement on whether they will or not is located in the item description.  There aren't always things to find in every hidden mass sector or every energy signature sector.  Sometimes the hidden mass sectors are just asteroid fields with no hidden objects or claimable asteroids.

2. Also yes, that would be nice.  There would need to be a size filter, though, so that little tiny pieces don't get highlighted, just the big stuff.

3. You can sorta do that now by making notes on sectors and when you need to come back to sectors you look for the note icon in the bottom right hand corner of the sector square.  What you're suggesting would be nice, and if you refer to this thread you'll see that map features are a much-wanted thing, and koonschi likes those sorts of ideas.  Devs will probably do something about it soon.  :)

1. It's not only legendary variants that highlight items, I believe, and when object detectors say they'll highlight objects they always do, for me.  The statement on whether they will or not is located in the item description.

2. Also yes, that would be nice.  There would need to be a size filter, though, so that little tiny pieces don't get highlighted, just the big stuff.

These two separate points, combined, tell me that you have either forgotten about or have never found a C43 Object Detector. That is a module with a description that says it quote, "Detects claimable asteroids and wreckages." However, despite the description, it almost never highlights or otherwise indicates wreckages. That is, the wreckages portion of the detector seems very broken. (See my post here in the "Target nearest wreck" topic for more.)

Object Finder system modules do highlight stashes and claimable asteroids. Exotic-rarity variants usually already has the Sector-wide highlight radius, although the jump between it and former rarity level is quite extreme. The same way that Cargo Upgrades can give you the flat or percentage bonus, the Object finders should have variable set of objects they can highlight, with only the Legendary-tier modules detecting everything applicable.

1. It's not only legendary variants that highlight items, I believe, and when object detectors say they'll highlight objects they always do, for me.  The statement on whether they will or not is located in the item description.

These two separate points, combined, tell me that you have either forgotten about or have never found a C43 Object Detector. That is a module with a description that says it quote, "Detects claimable asteroids and wreckages." However, despite the description, it almost never highlights or otherwise indicates wreckages. That is, the wreckages portion of the detector seems very broken. (See my post here in the "Target nearest wreck" topic for more.)

It only highlights wrecks that have 0 damage and can be refurbished to be ships you then own and add to your fleet.