Some Mouse Look Feedback

Maxavian

Suggestion

FREE LOOK TOGGLE

It'd be really wonderful to have a "TOGGLE" option for Free Look rather than having to hold it down.

FREE LOOK ORIENTATION

Would love for Free Look to orient the camera back to the direction the ship is facing rather than have the ship orient itself to the position of your Free Look when you let go of the key. The way it is now if you don't use free look to position the camera with the ship again, it causes your ship to flip and flop.

TURRET VIEW

Another option would be to leave Free Look as it, and add a Turret View camera which is a toggle that allows you to spin 360 around your ship and does NOT effect ship orientation when toggled on/off. It's basically my first two points combined into a separate camera view.

NOTE= Forgive me if I'm missing something the controls if any of the above is possible now.

3 answers to this suggestion

TURRET VIEW

Another option would be to leave Free Look as it, and add a Turret View camera which is a toggle that allows you to spin 360 around your ship and does NOT effect ship orientation when toggled on/off. It's basically my first two points combined into a separate camera view.

Try the alternative steering mode (F2). You might like it :)

TURRET VIEW

Try the alternative steering mode (F2). You might like it :)

I do use it quite a bit, but it still snaps my ship to orient it with whatever my view is when I exit out of it. I'd rather my camera go back to the direction my ship was facing instead :)