Upcoming Feature (Speculation) - Weaponry System

Sofa

http://avorion.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_Features

Under the "Blocks" section, there's a feature that simply says "Weaponry System". I remember hearing about a broader array of weapons being made available to players (like coaxial mass drivers and torpedo launchers), but those are already mentioned in the list.

Does anyone know what this means? I couldn't find any information on it, so if someone has any, that'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm especially interested in this because, while this game has become an instant favorite of mine, I've never been keen on the way weapons work. Having to find the right turrets floating in debris fields or shops, then slapping them haphazardly onto your hull, seems fine for when you're still a swashbuckling space adventurer with a homebrew ship and a misfit crew early in the game. However, when you start wanting to settle down and raise a fleet where consistency matters, that tends to stop working as well, and sourcing materials for factories can be a drudgery. This system can be especially inconvenient when turrets tend to pop off if they're so much as brushed by a passing albatross.

My best guess would be block that gives you turret slots, with diminishing returns (like Hyperspace Core do).

I really doubt something would fundamentally change about how turrets work in general, to be honest - system is already there.

Speaking about consistency, turret factories do that quite okay, as for me, problem is currently lack of out-of-sector production (though there is a mod workaround for that) and absence of some elementary resources productions both harden getting crafting materials at the same corner of space once you buy out existing stock (though you still can find enough materials for making 20-50 Exceptional turrets).

These are features that are planned to be implemented some day. Only because a feature is listed here, does not mean it will always find its way into the game. For some features it may take a long time until they will be implemented. Some features may not get implemented at all if the gameplay should develop in a direction where they would no longer fit in.

I have copied the information from the wiki with added emphasis.

There is no guarantee anything on that list will be implemented. The wiki is editable by anyone and as long as there are no sources, i.e. links to forum/twitter posts from koonschi or other developers, everything on that list could be made up!

This is something very important to remember. Always check the sources or search for them!

Thats the reason a lot of professors/teachers do not allow quoting from Wikipedia.

These are features that are planned to be implemented some day. Only because a feature is listed here, does not mean it will always find its way into the game. For some features it may take a long time until they will be implemented. Some features may not get implemented at all if the gameplay should develop in a direction where they would no longer fit in.

I have copied the information from the wiki with added emphasis.

There is no guarantee anything on that list will be implemented. The wiki is editable by anyone and as long as there are no sources, i.e. links to forum/twitter posts from koonschi or other developers, everything on that list could be made up!

This is something very important to remember. Always check the sources or search for them!

Thats the reason a lot of professors/teachers do not allow quoting from Wikipedia.

Part of why I started the thread - hoping to see if anyone had any more information. Thank you for the clarification, though.

Nothing to speculate about. This will be a block, that provides universal turret/weapon slots aside of using Turret Control modules.

welp. Case closed.  :P