FoxDie Inc. (All "quiet" on the western front...)

Fox

I love the look of these ships man :D very smooth

However could you upload them to drobbox or google drive?

File-Upload.net is very add heavy and my virus scanner actualy closes the site when I click any link in it and flags it as trojan horse O.o

I'm guessing they where not made in beta branch and with block thrusters they will perform better in the beta branch.

My tip for docking large stick ships like these, is dock sidewise and pay attention to the facing of the docking port, if the port is on a stick sticking out from the station, make sure you're on the correct side of it, it's easy to get too close because the port is on the other side of a stick.

And it's Pob, not Pub or Pod :P granted it's a obscure uk childrens tv show from the 80's so I can forgive ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pob%27s_Programme

I love the look of these ships man :D very smooth

However could you upload them to drobbox or google drive?

File-Upload.net is very add heavy and my virus scanner actualy closes the site when I click any link in it and flags it as trojan horse O.o

Uhm, hopefully i've done right, never used Dropbox before...:

Dagger-Class PT

Rapier-Class CC

Broadsword-Class FF

Claymore-Class DD

Diligent-Class TS

I'm guessing they where not made in beta branch and with block thrusters they will perform better in the beta branch.

My tip for docking large stick ships like these, is dock sidewise and pay attention to the facing of the docking port, if the port is on a stick sticking out from the station, make sure you're on the correct side of it, it's easy to get too close because the port is on the other side of a stick.

And it's Pob, not Pub or Pod :P granted it's a obscure uk childrens tv show from the 80's so I can forgive ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pob%27s_Programme

Your guess is correct, they are not tested in the current beta branch, but basically made with it in mind, so they might underperform, as Ohm pointed out... i planned at least to switch out the braking nacelles with directional ones, and see if/which ones i change afterwards... maybe the patch goes live as early as tomorrow!  ;D

Oh, and thats a good hint and totally applies to the ships! i tend to do it kinda intuitive after i swing around to break with the Engines the Dock is somewhere beside me anyways, never thought of actually mentioning this, thx alot!

Fun Fact: How fitting they all have decorative docking ports on their sides

Main Post updated for the most recent Patch, changes are made and they finally shine (well, at least a bit brighter than before  8) )... ok, tbh i didnt changed a damn thing on the Diligent, was all fine as it was  :-[

Pictures show current stats filled with minimal untrained crew, pricelists adjusted aswell...

I knew I should have waited for you to update the ships. I just finished modifying 3 of FX-series for the new thrusters, and redid some internal layouts on them. XD

I'd love to see why you changed what and how... input is always welcome and since i'm pretty much still early game all lessons learned helped alot (like having 50 Cargospace for "Enemy of my enemy", before only dedicated Transports had em...)!

Oh, and Main Post updated with the 6th ship!  8) Note that the Cruisers Design is still untested in actual survival conditions... couldnt affort one yet  :-[

Are the Dropbox Links working btw? Very unsure with the settings there...

I just added thrusters here and there, or hollowed out the ships a bit more, there seemed to be a number of hull blocks that really weren't doing anything. I also changed the outer hull to armor. Made them quite a bit heavier, but not terribly so.

ninja edit: I also changed materials on 3 of them (PT, CC, FF) to all titanium. surprisingly low on resource requirements, but makes the weapons feel entirely inadequate for the two larger ships. :-D

edit 2: I also removed the docking ports, they're merely aesthetic on a ship anyways. Not that they didn't look appropriate. :-)

I just added thrusters here and there, or hollowed out the ships a bit more, there seemed to be a number of hull blocks that really weren't doing anything. I also changed the outer hull to armor. Made them quite a bit heavier, but not terribly so.

ninja edit: I also changed materials on 3 of them (PT, CC, FF) to all titanium. surprisingly low on resource requirements, but makes the weapons feel entirely inadequate for the two larger ships. :-D

edit 2: I also removed the docking ports, they're merely aesthetic on a ship anyways. Not that they didn't look appropriate. :-)

Haha, thats right, basically anything thats still grey isnt used at all, since i painted them afterwards, you can easily replace them with stuff... justified it to myself with lowered mass and a good fleet-overall feeling in terms of balance.

But yeah, truth is they arent min/maxed in any way, i tried to stick to the template ships as close as possible thruster-wise for example (the Diligent even imitating SE's H2-Engine-Placement), so they behave a bit sluggish for Avorion... but that and smoothing out the blocky SE-shape is intended for their next iteration, for now i try to finish anything basic i can work with...

Updating the early ships to higher materials helped alot, especially volume-heavy hullblocks replaced with trinium was quite noticeable... the very same reason made me decide against Armor: the Dagger/Rapier should avoid combat anyways and the bigger ones have shield for basic protection, i plan to give the battlecruiser at least armored framework and the battleship (which doesent care for speed, she comes to stay!) will feature full armored hull...

also always upgraded brake-thrusters to highest available material! otherwise i was quite satisfied, the errors that happend in my current playthrough were definetly the pilots fault, not the ships!

lol, poor docking ports ^,.,^ but true, much blocks are merely there for aestetic reasons... shiny bling-bling for pretty foxes important! Would feel wrong without Flightbridge, tactical or financial reasons aside...

Speaking of "tactical and financial reasons aside...", not much progress on testing (or actually building) the Cruiser in Survival game, got a >little< distracted (no pun intended ^,.,^):

A9A63F2C6015E17B5E3A2BEE27578FA384F0A920

D3E3FF58BFBE2F4B3A15007E0EA309A838D79AF2

Ladys, Gentlemen and asexual Visitors: The FX-4 "Lair"-Class Mobile HQ! Its already large enought to be seen in fully zoomed out Strategic View! Compensation? Who said that??

And yes, thats a "Dagger" PatrolBoat trying to dock into the hangar (if it just was a thing  :'() on the 2nd screeny... Tests with actual fighters were semi-successful... they are able to get out with no probs, docking is possible, sadly more or less a factor of luck  >:( But it looks so nice (IMO)  :'( Oh, and i learned that you can manually dock your fighters, it says "destroyed", but thats just because you left your ship forcefully, they are stored into the hangar nevertheless!

the smallish grey one on the first screeny's background is going to become the Battleship (15-Slots are aimed for that one alrdy), left of it the Archangel Carrier, on its right the Battlecruiser (i will make better pics of em the comming days).

Soo, i keep you folks updated, fly safe and cya, gotta make a thruster section...

Oh, it was entirely just me modding to my tastes and performance goals. Where you seemed to have scaled up a ship, I broke those larger pieces into smaller ones, sticking with a 0.5 scale on the block sizes (if that makes sense) so i was able to cram more shields, generators, etc inside. I also made some overall changes like lengthening hulls and the like. here's some screenies.

bobfVoC.jpg

3VmBrf4.jpg

KOQL4En.jpg

mZzzF4Z.jpg

as you can see, they got a wee bit bigger in some cases. :-D

edit: I no longer have the xml's for the modified ships. In the process of re-installing Avorion (for no reason apparently) I managed to lsoe them. :-(

Oh, wow!

Oh, it was entirely just me modding to my tastes and performance goals. Where you seemed to have scaled up a ship, I broke those larger pieces into smaller ones, sticking with a 0.5 scale on the block sizes (if that makes sense) so i was able to cram more shields, generators, etc inside. I also made some overall changes like lengthening hulls and the like. here's some screenies.

bobfVoC.jpg

3VmBrf4.jpg

KOQL4En.jpg

mZzzF4Z.jpg

as you can see, they got a wee bit bigger in some cases. :-D

First of all i love your ships.

But I took the liberty to improve and upgrade the FX-4 TS "Diligent"- Class Cargo Hauler

I did decrease the amount of maximum fighter tho, I never use them and so the hangars are purely decoration

Dear Folks, i cant describe how amazing it is to see these pictures... copying and modifying the ACI Ships and putting them here was intented for exactly this reason, but seeing the resulting ships feels... satisfying? Proud Fox is proud of your creations! :o

And yes, the very thick hull comes from using a 1x1x1 Block Base-Size (2x2x2 on the Capitals and 0,5 sidelenght on the PT) to recreate the shapes more easily... definetly another point in need of improvement.

edit: I no longer have the xml's for the modified ships. In the process of re-installing Avorion (for no reason apparently) I managed to lsoe them. :-(

Now that sucks to hear!  :'( Well, at least you have some pictures save here for reference, if you want you ppl might use this place to upload your .xml files aswell for backup if you dont want to create an own topic...

I'm liking what I'm seeing gentlemen.

totally agreed! ^,.,^

and for progress: the more i build on it the more the word >unreasonable< comes to mind... i mean, seriously unreasonable (not that "reasonable" was the plan here anyways :-D), this is getting a damn big ship:

DFBDB15D9CCE86261ED72F2E0ED66CF717C5E4A3

The Battleship looks beside it like putting the Broadsword besides a Seraph Cruiser, and as soon as i try to get her full on screen for a nice Beautyshot the LOD kicks in!  >:(

Size of my mousecursor if fully zoomed out... if there was a 16th slot, i guess this one gets the 18th.... and thats just the top half yet!

Fun building her anyways, so lets see where this leads to...

Main Post updated with a nice little (if ~1.5 Billion (!) Credits Insurance-Cost still count as 'little'...) piece of RP-Background  :P

Time to finish the still waiting Archangel- and Vengeance-Husks...

EDIT: Suprisingly i just rescalled the Lair-Class to 1/4th on seven-parsec and got a pretty nice 8-Slot ship out!

BREAKING-NEWS: Revision 2 of the FX-4 PT & CC !

As you can see, a vast improvement while keeping the aestetics... a bit more fragile and energy hungry now, but superior in any other stat to its precursor... the PT is even cheaper than before :-D

Links alrdy updated, so take them for a spin around your local roid belt and judge for yourself!  ;)

EDIT: some of mentioned new pretty pics:

AB6C9D1AB3E7A19075AD032E5A333AE82349CA36

963EFA197ECE5E51B7911AF15DD8E774B0FDD4E3

1FCD30B7E74A9DD67F6E2037997E987E1ECC64D1

Mayor Drawback due to technical difficulty... will take me some time to get back to the point i was, at least the here realeased ships are safe ^,.,^

So to all the FX-4 Fans: Sorry, but Carrier and Battlecruiser want to be remade from scratch, might take a while...  :-[

EDIT: Mainpost updated with Dads mighty fine Video of the so far released FX-4 Ships! tis so nice it made me shed a tear when watching the first time ^,.,^

Another EDIT: "I'M BACK!" with a brand new rig, a fresh installed game and an empty ship folder... uhm, what? Fox' ship folder empty?? You know it, me know it, thats a total NOGO ^,.,^

Expect stuff happening here sooner than later...

I used to build model ships and airplanes when i was a kid, and you learn a few things with  a good attention to details,  like for example,  airplanes and ships have a standard for color and placement of Navigation lights.  I don't know if anyone's mentioned this before.  But I noticed that you have accurate navigation lights.  they're meant to help prevent collisions in low visibility conditions.  Red on the left and green on the right.  the way it works is that for ships that are going in opposite directions, you go for the "green side" of the oncoming ship, and the oncoming ship goes towards your 'green side'.  So yeah good job with those.

So yeah useful info if anyone is looking to add detailing to their ship, and want to stick with how things are currently done in reality  at least,  for airplanes ships, and I believe spacecraft also use similar standards.

More info on Navigation lights Wiki

Hehe, thanks, but tbh, i just copied the templates that were on the original ships without further thinking about them, they just looked fitting :-D

We had a longer talk about Nav Lights for spaceborne vessels on the SE Forums, funny how you used the exact same link to post :D

Industry standard space navigation lights of green to starboard(right), red to port(left), 2 white to top (in line with direction of forward), yellow to bottom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navigation_light

Oh, and for the books: Added a list of the mods i use to main topic, after 2 fresh installations the intention is basically to gather them together nicely for me, but here we go aswell for any1 curious...

EDIT: Here some screenys from the revived Archangel Carrier, next to a Seraph Cruiser... i think its getting my new favourite Hull-Configuration with the integrated Brakes and the Dual Engines... but look for yourself:

[spoiler=Angels never cry... die i mean]

B9E2E90DCA52517DF1F6654E63B99054A830E153

12FD47A28FB4E1F8AC68769125AA65EF129B39BC

1237F303D5C9F6DE40FB48735D090C58E7AAF3AB

EDIT2: Rushed the build abit to get it online and safe, just if something stupid happens again... but if you dont mind some minor... inaccuratenesses (thats a word?), feel free to take her for a spin, at least she's pretty as f***!

Link & Description as always in the Main Post, fly safe & cya all in space!

• 2 weeks later...

uhm, well, took me some time, but it wasnt totally out of my mind either... lemme know if there is anyone interested in the smaller frames of the series...

"Ladys, Gentlemen and asexual visitors, FDI proudly presents: The FX-2 Charon-Class Carrier!"

FX-2 CV "Charon"-Class Light Carrier

"Bogeys bearing zero-niner!"

- Unknown Strikecraft-Pilot

Improvements made in one of the most generic FDI Vessel finally have lead to the reincarnation of the Charon-Class, a well-approved allround-vessel with capabilitys compareable to a Light Cruiser of the FX-4 Series.

fwvuQy1.gif

Cost: 1.972.663 Credits + 21.600 Iron + 46.485 Trinium + 127.082 Xanion

FX-2 Charon-Class

Back to the missing FX-4 Thingys... fly safe & cya all in space!

Edit: In the meantime i tried to workout some Hull improvements for the FX-42 Series, means shameless stealing design elements from others and adapt them for the still very blocky SE Hulls, especially notable here would be HAC and D.S.P.P.:

EC27CE424CE0649FF9A62FEF6BDDC47837B50867

My first breakthrough through the barrier! Finally!! And, for my shame, i havent used a single FX-4 in this playthrough, but these two fellows here (and six selfmade-drones for the other artifacts):

B3C8B2EE1149A23F9099B4201CDC98835B45FCA1

Another Edit: Hrhrhr, Whormhole Guardian? Pfff...

otherwise kinda lazy atm, here, get another pic while i try pulling together:

FCCF717BA6EB139D07BAC18159A522F13210B991

• 1 month later...

Uhm... how to justify shameless self-pushing without anything interesting to report? Yeah, i know! With a question, kinda:

"What do you folks think, worth going further the road of shipish-like ships? Found these:"

champion_class_frigate_by_theorangeguy.jpg

on DeviantArt, and in attempting to steal another design i made this from it:

252AED669843FF0215EAB9C18E6045153B8BD363

Needs some polish, i know, me still not happy with the engines, and overall its just a first concept without functional blocks yet, but i think i like the shape, and there are a few variants i could come up with... was worth building anyways, since i learned alot about angled shapes, which hopefully help another bit in getting away from blocky LEGO© Designs...

As i mentioned in my last note, i completed the Mainstory in the meanwhile, so expect more Ogonite and Avorion in upcomming designs... if i ever get something together worth sharing... i guess we see us on Steam Workshop next, fly safe all nevertheless!  ::)

Well, space-ships are just another style of spaceshiphip, so I'd say go for it. Even now I like playing around with different looks for ships. Some old habbits still stick, like segmented armour panels, but I'm trying (read: struggling) to go with a few more "industrial" looking ships since I've almost completed a full fleet lineup for my current series.

'TIS HAPPENING!!!

Workshop Support finally arrived, sooo... i dont think i keep this updated, for everyone who wants to stay tuned on my ships feel free to follow me here!  ;D

Just started to set it up, if your favourite ship isnt there yet, keep patient, i'll add all the ships which can be found here one by one... much easier within the Workshop...

Guess thats it for this topic, fly safe & cya all in space!