Please make "Creative" a safer place to be creative

Thundercraft

Suggestion

I've been trying to design some new ships through a separate galaxy set to "Creative". It is nice to have unlimited credits and resources to test various designs out. However, I'm frequently interrupted by many of the same annoyances as a regular galaxy.

Namely, even in a Creative galaxy:

• Ships must still have the required number of mechanics and engineers, et al. All I want to use Creative for is to create and test various ship designs. But, because I did not bother to get mechanics, I'm frequently spammed by warnings that my ship is damaged. Then, suddenly, I'm unable to add new blocks or do anything until I repair my ship - even though it's currently under construction. I finally grabbed a few mechanics. But when I load a small ship without much crew quarters or start over with a new ship, I lose my mechanics and no longer have enough for the next design.
  • There are no safe sectors. Pirates, aliens and factions attack regularly. These create frequent interruptions where I have to stop and move to some other part of the system or move to a different sector.
  • I would ignore the pirates and aliens, except they do damage my ship. Even if they're only attacking, say, the Shipyard, if my under-construction ship is docked, it will take damage as well.
  • Creative mode still has the limitation on repairing a ship that regular mode has. That is, I've tried to repair the damage to my under-construction ship without success, with a warning saying that my ship was recently damaged (so repair is not allowed until after a cool-down time).

Perhaps, instead of changing how "Creative" works, though, it would be better to have a separate "Ship Workshop" mode as another option in the Main Menu?

3 answers to this suggestion