Building style and support for said style.

OnePercent

Suggestion

Anyone else like to build their ships in this manner? atm it's illogical to do so, but it's cool nevertheless and you can still expand on a ship without expanding the hull at all (which is the primary reason for doing this)

I build the support structure first then begin working on the outer "skin" of the ship to form a shell, To expand my ships capabilities such as power, storage, cargo and shields I fill in the inside of the shell, however, it's tedious to get the camera inside the ship

Pic related: Jyk7Mnuh.png

here's my implementation idea for the UI support features for this type, When you want to expand the inside of the ship, you can do so easily by making certain types of blocks transparent and non-collision in the Designer, Therefore you can then look at the guts of your ship without the Hull in the way, expanding it easily.

Just my 2 cents on an already incredible game!

4 answers to this suggestion

Yeah, I build my ships the same way. A "core" of whatever components I can afford at the time and framework to be later transformed into them, wrapped in armour with the ship its self built around it. It's not illogical since it does do a very good job of making sure those components don't get destroyed, but the current power of shields make the importance of doing so minuscule.

Yeah, I build my ships the same way. A "core" of whatever components I can afford at the time and framework to be later transformed into them, wrapped in armour with the ship its self built around it. It's not illogical since it does do a very good job of making sure those components don't get destroyed, but the current power of shields make the importance of doing so minuscule.

I meant illogical in the sense it's hard to change, modify or swap internal components without removing the hull in the way, I love doing it though.