Weapon damage bonus/penalty vs material?

Nic_s

I've spent about an hour looking for this answer and have not found it. If it's been answered, a link would be nice.

Let's say you have a Trinium chain turret. Do you do bonus damage to lesser materials like Iron and do less damage to better materials like Avorion?

Or do you do the same damage regardless of the material of the weapon vs the material you shoot at?

I know materials have different durability levels and as such higher materials will take more hits, but I'm just interested in whether there's some kind of bonus or penalty involved when firing at a material that is different to the material the weapon is made of.

Regards

Nick

Yea, there seems not to be any bonus or penalty on the base damage from a weapon, but I thought I'd ask and make sure anyway.

I mean, you could see why I ask. If you use an Avorion chain turret it would make sens that it would be firing Arorion projectiles and thus those would do more damage to iron hull. I'm not saying it should be like that, in fact, I would prefer it not work like that because it will increase the amount of grinding for materials by A LOT because you would constantly need to change the material your ship is made of in fear of receiving bonus damage from weapons made of a higher material. Currently it seems you just have to worry about the weight and durability and that gives you more wiggle room in terms how often you need to build a whole new ship with better materials as you move closer to the center.

So it seems there's no bonus or penalty, but I just wanted to make sure.