[MOD] /spawnpirates v1.3 Configurable Pirate Spawner

douglasg14b

This mod gives you a command to spawn configurable groups of enemies on your sector or other players sectors.  You can specify the difficulty, the size and DPS of the ships, as well as the number of ships to spawn. Not all parameters are required, and when excluded (or set to 0) they will revert to their default values for your or the targeted players sector.

This mod is a command, and thus can be server-side only, this should make installation pretty easy for server administrators. I have not tested this part yet, if someone could I will update this post with the results.

If you notice any issues or have any request please let me know with a reply in this thread

New: Added more dynamic and configurable spawning, added ability to spawn pirates on other players!

Repository, Readme, and Download

Usage Guide

/spawnpirates [ --player, --difficulty, --scale, --count ]

- --player is the player you wish to spawn the pirates on including yourself. Exclude this parameter to spawn a wave in your sector

- Valid Values:

- Any online player

- --difficulty (Alias: --diff) The pirates difficulty level. This increases their armor, module, and weapon material and rarity levels

- Valid Values:

- 1 to 100

- --scale Scales the pirates block volume. This increases their overall size as well as their turret count

- Valid Values:

- 1 to 100

- --count The number of pirates you wish to spawn

- Valid Values:

- 1 to 25

All Parameters are optional. All parameters will default to the games defaults for your sector. If you do not enter any parameters a single pirate with the default stats for your sector will spawn on you. Parameters are constrained to their allowed range. So if you enter a --difficulty of 250, it will cap it at 100.

Example:

/spawnpirates --player douglasg14b --diff 10 --scale 5 --count 3

. This will spawn a wave of three pirates of 10 difficulty, with a scale multiplier of 10 in douglasg14b's sector.

Help: To recieve help in game, type

/spawnpirates --help

Installation Guide

• Download the zip file
  • Open the zip file and copy/paste the folders into your Avorion/data/scripts directory.
  • Merge folders if prompted and replace existing files if they exist from a previous version

Planned Features

•  
  • Add alien spawning

Version 1.3

Filestructure:

data

|-scripts

|-commands

|-spawnpirates.lua

|-player

|-cmd

|-spawnpirates.lua

attack_spawner.v1.2.zip

attack_spawner_v1.3.zip

LOOL

i was literly gonna make a post about a command to spawn Enamys :P

Thank you !!!

You're welcome! Please let me know how it works out for you, and if you have any suggestions. This is my first mod, and I want to keep improving it to be useful for others on here. The goal is to have a way to test your ships or have server events with spawned enemies.

i see all the pirates are the same faction, is it posible to make it random ?

It's based off the same pirate sector attack mechanics as the random event. It uses the pirate faction in the area of space you are in. It would technically be possible to get a random pirate faction, but I wouldn't want it to do that by default. There could be another argument for the random factions.

maybe a suggestion to make some timebased waves? maybe every hour a massive waves as an event spawning one ore more waves at once. time surely adjustable. could be a big threat in a peacful galaxy XD

That would probably be a different kind of mod, that just changes the regular events.

Large update!

• Changed the command and parameter structure.
  • Did away with hard coded difficulties and created a more dynamic and configurable spawning system
  • Added ability to spawn pirates on another player!

An alternative use for this could be to provide more aggressive random events. Instead of using the built-in pirate script you could use this one for the pirate events instead to provide more configurable attacks on your server, or even novel triggers for custom battles!

Please let me know what you think of the balancing, and if you recommend any changes or tweaks. As usual, if you notice any issues or concerns, let me know here.

Planned

• Better parameters. Ability to use --player or --difficulty and other parameters out of order or not at all
  • Ability to spawn aliens

Note: This mod does not need to be installed on clients, it is a server only mod for you server managers out there.

Question, will forcing tougher enemies allow for better drops? This seems amazing so I want to try anyways lol

Edit: yep.. best mod ever lmao. Can't wait for the alien version!

Did a 75 / 35 / 5 and was fighting 400-500k hp enemies.. dropped tech 52 stuff! Was great! lol .. need to do this during a faction war and 25 enemies! haha!

Question, will forcing tougher enemies allow for better drops? This seems amazing so I want to try anyways lol

Edit: yep.. best mod ever lmao. Can't wait for the alien version!

Did a 75 / 35 / 5 and was fighting 400-500k hp enemies.. dropped tech 52 stuff! Was great! lol .. need to do this during a faction war and 25 enemies! haha!

The higher the difficulty the higher the material and tech level of the ships and their weapons. Though if you ever want to use it, but not provide you or others with advanced modules, you can leave the difficulty at 0 and it will chose the default difficulty for your sector.

Enemy Spawning caused Servers to lag. We had to reduce our Alienatack.lua to become the Server stable.

Use enemy spawners with caution .

If you spawn AI on AI to attack each other, there seems to be performance issues, which is unrelated to this mod. You can often see this with faction battles. I've been able to test this with up to 25 pirates with only marginal performance impact, maybe your hardware is not up to snuff?

Update to v1.3

Link

v1.3 Changes how parameters work and are parsed.

You will now need to enter the actual parameter names you wish to use, such as --player or --count. The reason for this change it to allow for more optional parameters, and the entry of out of order parameters.

/spawnpirates douglasg14b 5 10 5

Changes to:

/spawnpirates --player douglasg14b --diff 5 --scale 10 --count 5

Please let me know what you think, and provide good or bad feedback here so I can make improvements.

added your scripts to our server and made some minor changes: removed some debugging messages, added some new ones like print(" difficulty=" .. difficulty .. " scale=" .. scale .. " count=" .. count)

Using this as part of eventscheduler.lua and it's nice to be able to tweak everything (on the fly!) for more advanced players seeking more challenge.

All seems to be working well!

Looking forward to what you come up with next

added your scripts to our server and made some minor changes: removed some debugging messages, added some new ones like print(" difficulty=" .. difficulty .. " scale=" .. scale .. " count=" .. count)

Using this as part of eventscheduler.lua and it's nice to be able to tweak everything (on the fly!) for more advanced players seeking more challenge.

All seems to be working well!

Looking forward to what you come up with next

You have no idea how exciting it is to hear that it is in use and modified to work for you! Especially the event scheduler integration, which really lets you customize how hard your pirate events can be. I should probably remove some of the debug messages though, goodness knows how many of those are kicking around.

If you have any requests or ideas, please let me know! Aliens are next :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update: Never mind i uploaded the CMD folder wrong it is working like a champ now and i hope to soon test its might by hosting a Pirate Invasion event where multiple sectors will have waves of pirates for people to kill and loot i can update on how that went if you would like

I have been trying to get this to work on my server but i cant seam to spawn any pirates in i can use the --help command though