Yeedo's Shipyard

Yeedo

(btw this ued to be called 'Kaonicping's shipyard' but I've changed my username)

[spoiler=Earth Shaper]

0SO9zAs.jpg

Size: 19x3.5x17.5

earth%20shaper.png

This is a replica of the Earth Shaper from Endless Sky, made to serve as my Xanion-tier exploration, mining and combat vessel (although it's a bit fragile). Combined with these powerful railgun turrets and some nice mining turrets, it should hopefully last a lot longer than most of my other vessels. I also made the green bits and nose mostly out of armour supplemented with an integrity field so it doesn't die instantly on gentle impacts.

[spoiler=Vigil]

rUAn0o4.jpg

Size: 13x4.75x17.5

latest?cb=20120410173640

Inspired by this thing I found on the Star Wars wiki, the Vigil is a complete failure since I spent all my time working on aesthetics, and it's both fragile and more expensive than I would like (I was in creative mode so I used some Avorion). It also uses a silly amount of clipping to achieve acceptable thrust levels. Nevertheless, it serves its aesthetics purposes decently well.

[spoiler=Barlgura (new)]

f4EnilI.png

Size: 28x13x56

I originally built this thing in From the Depths, and I realised recently that when I needed a new ship this was exactly what I needed. The curves work much better than in that game, so I'm pretty happy with how it looks. Unfortunately it suffers from a fairly unimpressive turn rate despite being about 25% gyros.

The inside is full of xanion-tier functional components, so you may want to remove the black 12x1x29 trinium blank hull and cut some of those out and replace them with better avorion ones, but at present I've only got half of the XSTN-Ks in my singleplayer world so this is the version I'll be using for the moment.

This is way bigger than anything I'm used to at 7 slots so hopefully I won't be underpowered in the Xanion area for once (and maybe I can stop playing on easy difficulty  :-[ (at least once I've got my hands on 110k Xanion).

I still need to figure out where to put the turrets on this thing, probably the underside but I think the only thing that would look right is one huge underslung cannon, and maybe a couple of support turrets along the sides.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More ships to come! (I've been trying to work out a consistent theme to work on a new fleet of ships, so once that's a thing there I should have plenty more ideas)

Vigil.xml

Earth_Shaper.xml

Barlgura.xml

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like your endless sky ship quite a lot; your barlgura has a good shape but maybe you could give it a paint-over? And I would be very happy to have those turning speeds on my crescent. :P

Mine is 160ktonnes roughly, and 60kish hp and the turning rates are all 0.1/0.2...

I think your ship will perform just fine on Xanion tier area with those stats on Easy; I'm also playing on Easy with this ship I mentioned and Xanion isn't being too bad (and I don't even have 10% of that shield you got!)