Xanion computer core block might not be working as intended

narski

So I finally got to xanion and excited to finally up my computer systems, but after adding a computer block that cost 400k credits and 8k xanion, it didn't add one slot.. virious if it takes a lot more or if it's just not working right?

Probably not intentional, I went in creative and started messing around with my regular ship.

Turned out to go from 8 to 9 module slots I would have to add a computer core 3 times the size of my actual ship.

The cost for that in xanion or trinium is unbearable in vanilla singleplayer, making it only viable to use on tiny ships without mass.

• Boxelware Team

There seems to be a confusion as to how that block works. As far as I gathered, it doesn't actually add slots (that's why you build it so big to get that effect, and in that you increased your volume and got the new slots for the additional volume). It is supposed to increase the tech level of your ship. I will ask the dev to clear things up by changing the tool tip and/or changing that block.

The computer core block counts 5x for volume when it comes to calculations for system upgrades. Unfortunately the small multiplier exponential scale makes it rather useless for trying to get a benefit from it for anything but small ships.

All computer core blocks are equal except mass and HP, none are currently better than another. If you're going to use them, use trinium, it's lightest. Make sure they're well protected behind armor.

I hope this clears up your question fully.