Regarding building turrets over found stuff

Enzo Matrix

I was curious, I found a turret factory that will make a totally insane naonite mine turret only tech 18, 7.8dmg/s, 1.2 range, 43%eff, self targeting so I don't even need to hold the button. I've been gathering the materials to make 4 and with a cost of like 700k approx total. It's pretty cool to find and make this however I have a concern.

Is it possible to find stuff from ship battles that can outdo turret factory stuff? I would hate that found stuff can not come close to built turret stuff. I know they max at exceptional so that's good. I will get a screenshot of this when I'm back home lol.. it's quite a super miner. But it kinda makes hunting down wreck and ship battles pointless if you could never outdo turret factories

Theoretical yes.

You can find excotic and even legendary turrets, but they are rare.

But to find a good mining turret with a good eff is like a jackpot.

To bad your turrets are "only" naonite. At your current situation it is perfect, but you shouldn't invest much time to mine naonite and go for Trinium (crew,engine,thruster)/Xanion.

Here it is lol..

DAE7AB2F4382727EFD7B6E877C484E8A0C938F8B

I built 4 and I am laughing how fast it mines! It being auto also is amazing, no more holding the clicker down.

I don't mind building awesome mine turrets, but I think being able to find better stuff even if insanely rare should always be possible.

I assume exotic / legendary COULD yield better stuff? If they plan on adding trading between players I guess really good special gear will only be found rather than built.

I love building for sure, just hope it doesn't take away from any real hunting aspect. For now.. mining up 750k naonite for my godly ship I made :)

Personally I think that turret factories need a nerf. As it stands the fact that we can buy the best weapons means there is little point in going out hunting pirates, unless you just like the big explosions. Factories have the benefit of consistency and tune-ability, but the fact that they also produce way OP weapons compared to loot drops makes them completely unbalanced.

As I stated in my Suggestion thread, I would prefer Turret Factories to being able to reverse-engineer the turrets you find and them mass-produce them with your materials and money, that would depend on the turret's stats. The fact, that you can produce Exceptional turrets in mass numbers neglects the whole idea of something being Exceptional.

Yeah exactly, I mean I do like the building aspect but as it stands drops need a buff or something. Not one find has even been half as good as those mine turrets I just made lol and that's pretty sad.. atleast xsotan should drop better which would be cool since they are an alien species and I would expect superior stuff from them lol.

Wow... lol I don't like nerfs.. So I hope they buff aliens to drop much better stuff, heck make a new species that is much tougher and they can drop superior stuff.. something to not let turret factories be the go to 100% of the time. There is no late/end game hunting when best drops are 1/10 the power of a built turret factory lol

Wow... lol I don't like nerfs.. So I hope they buff aliens to drop much better stuff, heck make a new species that is much tougher and they can drop superior stuff.. something to not let turret factories be the go to 100% of the time. There is no late/end game hunting when best drops are 1/10 the power of a built turret factory lol

I think the drops are fine as they are (well, maybe they could use a little bump or at the very least normalization, I've seen iron turrets that made more DPS than avorion turrets, that shouldn't happen).. but turret factories have some wild combinations sometimes that make absolutely no sense.

The railguns I made last night for example... If we compare them with the railguns dropped by the "4", one of the bosses, which are considered to be good railguns vs everything else drop-wise.. they do 1300 ish per shot if I remember right, and shoot at like .8 per second.. so give or take 1kish omicron, not sustained because they overheat.

The ones I crafted last night are exceptional, not even red... and they do ~2250 per shot which is almost double... but they have a fire rate of 12 per second.... I mean there is no common measure.. They are the same tech level, give or take... The dropped ones are red mine are yellow.. pretty sure both are xanium... That 27k omicron per turret vs a little over 1k... How do you explain such a huge difference?

Heck I could use 2-3 of these and go beat the end boss pretty easily.. Whereas a full set of 30-40 of the dropped rails would be needed.. It's ridiculous.

I suppose you can get those wild ones as drops too if you are extremely lucky... But the fact that you can just go and buy as many as you want from a turret vendor makes it insane.

Ok.... WHAT!?

Seriously.. I don't come CLOSE to these kind of stats with found stuff! What the Eff!!

ank4f9.jpg

295b7fr.jpg

That is kind of silly. My current laser that is 6600k energy is 331dm/s and I wreck AI with it playing hard mode currently up to 20k hp AI. But THAT! I be like hey buddy.. I don't like you.. pew dead lol

Is it possible to find stuff from ship battles that can outdo turret factory stuff? I would hate that found stuff can not come close to built turret stuff. I know they max at exceptional so that's good. I will get a screenshot of this when I'm back home lol.. it's quite a super miner. But it kinda makes hunting down wreck and ship battles pointless if you could never outdo turret factories

while yes you can, the reverse is also true, you CAN manke things in the factories that no drop could compare to.

Ok.... WHAT!?

Seriously.. I don't come CLOSE to these kind of stats with found stuff! What the Eff!!

That is kind of silly. My current laser that is 6600k energy is 331dm/s and I wreck AI with it playing hard mode currently up to 20k hp AI. But THAT! I be like hey buddy.. I don't like you.. pew dead lol

Yeah these lasers are strong indeed but notice that both consume energy and quite a bit of it too (the salvagers not so much but those lasers will drain your battery in a few seconds unless you have a huge generator). So there is a trade off, you can't keep those on full time... even with a lot of generators, a bunch of these will drain you in no time because the draw cumulative... Each second they draw more until it becomes unbearable.. and then they need time to get back to moderate consumption.

I have 10 lasers that do 3500 each on my ship and they melt faces big time... but on boss fights, I need to keep my cool because I can only hold them for 15 secs or so.. and then I have to wait about as long for them to cooldown.

while yes you can, the reverse is also true, you CAN manke things in the factories that no drop could compare to.

Honestly I would suggest that this latter observation is the norm by a wide margin.

I literally just posted in another thread about a similar topic where I noted that after a significant number of hours in game (i forget exactly how many, 100ish maybe?) I couldn't recall a single instance where, after I crafted my first set of factory turrets, I looted a turret that stood out as better than what I'd made. Even when looting higher tier, higher tech turrets.

At the moment I feel like the power gap and bonus stat consistency between looted turrets and crafted ones is too large and probably needs some adjustment. Whether that be through some of the suggestion regarding reverse engineering in this thread (which have some substantial merit!) or some other means is open to debate I guess.

Ok.... WHAT!?

Yeah these lasers are strong indeed but notice that both consume energy and quite a bit of it too (the salvagers not so much but those lasers will drain your battery in a few seconds unless you have a huge generator). So there is a trade off, you can't keep those on full time... even with a lot of generators, a bunch of these will drain you in no time because the draw cumulative... Each second they draw more until it becomes unbearable.. and then they need time to get back to moderate consumption.

I have 10 lasers that do 3500 each on my ship and they melt faces big time... but on boss fights, I need to keep my cool because I can only hold them for 15 secs or so.. and then I have to wait about as long for them to cooldown.

Lol my current laser that uses 6600k energy lasts over a min at constant fire. With these I could probably get 40 seconds and at almost 9x the damage output. But that's kinda silly the best laser I ever found was 300dm/s at 6600k energy and bam turret factory 2.4kdmg/s. There's no reason to weapon hunt from battles sadly at this state.

Thing is: turret factories are as much hit and miss as drops...

Also consider that you will have to gather materials for a long time to actually build these super weapons.

How are they hit and miss? Every civ I found had at least one factory and often 2-3 of them and every 1/3 factory has at least one absurd combination of OP turret. Then it's just a matter of gathering mats which can be done across 2-3 civs easily, just takes time... Gimme 4 hours on a fresh start and I'll show up to your doorstep with 100k+ omicron no problem.

Been getting tons of items from battles and its pretty neat the crazy difference in power some of these finds have been

This chaingun turret is really neat, Just a plain base and over 200dps.. perhaps it is possible to find some real beasts. Just need to get high base with crazy bonuses lol

34gtvg4.jpg

Also very VERY rarely I am finding weapons with multipliers on them, 2x, 3x and 4x. Got a 11.2x2dmg chaingun with decent rate of fire awhile ago. I am still using it lol

Thing is: turret factories are as much hit and miss as drops...

Also consider that you will have to gather materials for a long time to actually build these super weapons.

How are they hit and miss? Every civ I found had at least one factory and often 2-3 of them and every 1/3 factory has at least one absurd combination of OP turret. Then it's just a matter of gathering mats which can be done across 2-3 civs easily, just takes time... Gimme 4 hours on a fresh start and I'll show up to your doorstep with 100k+ omicron no problem.

Then you are far more lucky than me... i get lots of weird combinations for weapons, but rarely anything usefull or worth the hassel of gathering materials for. But then again i usualy only look for salvaging turrets and railguns / lasers.

Then you are far more lucky than me... i get lots of weird combinations for weapons, but rarely anything usefull or worth the hassel of gathering materials for. But then again i usualy only look for salvaging turrets and railguns / lasers.

Keep looking, I found 1000+ dps salvage lasers many times over... I'm still using 3500 dps lasers and I've found better since then, just didn't bother crafting them cause those already melt facea. The crown goes to my 27k omicron railguns, I can take out avorion level sector invasions with a lair of these... Had 40 made just for the heck of it and they vaporize all I throw at them one shot lol.

Keep looking, I found 1000+ dps salvage lasers many times over... I'm still using 3500 dps lasers and I've found better since then, just didn't bother crafting them cause those already melt facea. The crown goes to my 27k omicron railguns, I can take out avorion level sector invasions with a lair of these... Had 40 made just for the heck of it and they vaporize all I throw at them one shot lol.

I got good weapons... they say it is only 15k omicron, but the high level of shield penetration makes more than up for it.

I got good weapons... they say it is only 15k omicron, but the high level of shield penetration makes more than up for it.

I think you missed the fact that it was 27k PER TURRET, not total. Best I got out of drops was a total of about 30-40k omicron with like 30 turrets installed, these turrets almost do that EACH.

I don't use them though they are too OP, it just feels like cheating. I had them for fun when I fought the gate keeper and I took 25% off it's shields in like 5 seconds. All the adds were 1 shots. Proves the point custom turrets are broken.

This is with 36 turrets installed:

http://imgur.com/a/P9SlD

I think part of the issue is that there's something wrong with the turret generation algorithm in factories. Sometimes lowering the amount of components improves the stats. I wouldn't be surprised if that same bug also bypasses any sane limits that may be placed on weapons.

Finding such a bugged turret factory is how you arrive at utterly broken weapons like:

B2B881AECF16BC0459515197CBE58886F523FE20

Note how the two damage components are cranked down to minimum counts.