Big ships about 200k hp

Reggiereggie

That wont be true anymore after patch, so don´t bother.

Also when making ship, try to make it from as light materials and blocks as possible. Lightest mat is trinium, and lightest "structurally useful" blocks are solar panels and cargo hold (they have same hp and durability as hull, but are MUCH lighter making it easy to move the ship). Also those "construction" blocks are super light aswell, but must be hidden inside because they are very weak.

Oh and create a LOT of thrusters - even inside your ship, as they can be obstructed by other blocks and still work

Yeah, it would be incredible hard to move, as armor is VERY heavy (refer to this page for block stats: http://avorion.gamepedia.com/Block )

I only place armor on exterior of my ship, preferably parts facing opponents (front) and parts protecting fragile equipment (so armor over generators, shields, thrusters, and especially armor as base block for turrets)

The flagship i'm currently building barely uses armor at all (only for looks).

It simply won't need it, regular hull blocks with integrity fields work fine if they are big enough.

They only have to endure the occasional shield ignoring shots, cause my shields can pretty much ignore everything else. :D

And yes, especially front and back facing thrusters (to brake) are important.

They don't need to be super flat anymore (the beta branch changed that). I build my "thruster arrays" out of a bunch of medium sized cubes, mixing good surface area with volume.

PS:

Trinium really is your best friend, it's good for all purposes.

Xanium is can be better for shiny stuff (like generators) and Ogonite is best for armor, but you can never go wrong with trinium. :)

Very easily lol.. however do note it is VERY expensive to make this kind of stuff. ALOT of 0.05 thrusters in 3 directions to get brake, roll, up/down.

This ship is over 750k naonite, 16k titanium and 4.6m credits. I am currently at 400k naonite it's a grind but that makes getting a super ship even more rewarding.

And yes 9 upgrade slots still empty so imagine the possibilities :)

I am still improving on ship design, my next one should be much better

Edit: Seems comment before mine mentions you no longer need to make 0.05 size! So that may make it MUCH cheaper

16420D6AA54456DE79D5ECFC6978E395054CDA2B

64F1E985117A110F97D0D2EC867A284FC9927E8D

B2ED471783108BF99DE884D8ED86284AFAC77E0D

C63D5689D9FA7C7829A3F6BBABD26E0C8CD133FF

Edit: Seems comment before mine mentions you no longer need to make 0.05 size! So that may make it MUCH cheaper

Yes and no.

Thrusters now (currently on the beta branch) profit from both volume AND surface area, ofc this means the surface area part got nerfed.

Those players that maximized thrust in the old system (surface area only) will lose ALOT of their thrust.

And yes, i need to refit some of my ships too. ;)

But let's be honest here:

The whole 0.05 thruster slice thingy was cheesy as hell.

Even more honesty:

It still works for solar panels. :P

I am glad to know this.. I am a little nervous now to even get this 750k naonite to make my ship.. to see it nerfed to no end lol.. hopefully the update comes out, I want to build more ships but this thruster change seems pretty big and maybe I will just make 50k-100k mineral ships for now lol

I wanted my ship to be heavy so that I'll have more upgrade slots.

You need volume, not mass.

If a ship gets big enough it doesn't need armor as armor anymore, reduce your mass as much as you can (but get a lot of volume).

At least that's how i roll. :D

The funny thing is ogonite as "best" armor material is best cause it's the super dense... on big ships i prefer to inflate my volume with tons of trinium armor.

If a ship gets big enough it doesn't need armor as armor anymore, reduce your mass as much as you can (but get a lot of volume).

The funny thing is ogonite as "best" armor material is best cause it's the super dense... on big ships i prefer to inflate my volume with tons of trinium armor.

So mass is not equal volume??? All this time I thought it was lol

There are tooltips all over loading screen about different density of materials.. :D

Absolutely not.

Armor (ond some other blocks, like stone) are much much heavier.

This means a) they have some advantage on their own; b) you need more engines and thrusters on your ship if you want to build the same sized ship, cause armor is really really heavy; and c) if you build small taking advantage of the high density of armor you lose volume aka possibly some module slots.

In fact the current system balances mass vs volume pretty good.

[...]it stops RAILGUNZZ! Lol

True.

That's why prefer armor on smaller ships.

But i build battleships mainly with hull blocks (as a matter of fact solar panels and storage blocks work too). On a battleship i can hide behind uber shields, the occasional shield ignoring shot gets soaked by big integrity field hardened hull blocks. If the block doesn't go boom, mechanics can just repair it.

I normaly build my ships internals, then layer the whole thing in 2x2x2 blocks of cargo holds and slap a layer or 2 of 0.25 thick armour on it. makes my boats fairly durable

i have a personal RP rule that my shield can not be more then my ship HP(before modules)