Bottan and Friend(s?!)

Dacraun

Sooooooooo... Today I found the smugglers again and decided to do the quest.

I pick up the cargo, deliver it to Bottan, he beams out, I get a mail from "A Friend".

So far so good.

I go to "A Friend", Talk to him to learn some fluff, accept the quest, complete his shopping list, come back, get the disruptor.

Now the quest doesn't advance even though I got the Module, and I figure since the smugglers are still there, I guess I have to do the smuggle run again.

I go there, grab the mission, beam back to Bottan and disable his hyperdrive. Then I attempt to give him the stolen goods and he tells me I don't have them.

So I check my cargo and, Hey! I don't!

So again, I figure eh, I probably have to kill him.

I shoot his ship, he starts saying "Oh shit, I can't beam away like a coward!" or something.

I wreck his ship. Grab all his stuff, including the artifact and...

Still no quest update!

That's when I start to believe that I maaaay have a case of quest bug.

But "A Friend" Said that he can attune the artifact to my ship, so I went Hey, let's go see him, and that's when...

http://imgur.com/a/9NX6C

Uuuhm... Help?  ;D

Edit : For clarifications, I now have two "A Friend" ships floating about. And they are at different stages of the quest. But I have the quest once, and the -Prequel Quest- as well.

Edit2: Oh, and they both are "Abhorrent" to me, since I killed Bottan. Cause same faction.  :-[

I never 'completed the quest'. I made the blocker, no update. I just decided to start a new quest with the bottan smugglers and when I got there I just used the blocker and had a new option in chat, destroy hyperdrive. I killed Bottan and was able to pick up the XSTN-K system upgrade, which was not visible. . At that point I got what I needed, but I never completed the quest or got any updates. As long as you have the system upgrade after the battle you can consider it done.

Thank you for the reply, I'll just assume the quest itself isn't finishable yet. And re-doing the quest while it hasn't been abandonned yet just spawns more "A Friend" ships.

(They both died to Xoltans while I was AFK btw. Their AI is either off, or they have no guns, cause there was no debirs except for their ships. lol)