Material locations (making turrets)

GrimJahk

I spent the better part of two hours last night in the first and second ring on the map flying around looking for Laser Compressor and Laser Modulator... and found NONE...

So, my question is: Are certain components located in certain areas? Or am I just having bad luck?

Also, Is there a method of storing materials near a factory that is safe?

I spent the better part of two hours last night in the first and second ring on the map flying around looking for Laser Compressor and Laser Modulator... and found NONE...

So, my question is: Are certain components located in certain areas? Or am I just having bad luck?

Also, Is there a method of storing materials near a factory that is safe?

Just unlucky. I'm very systematic in my exploration technique to make this easier. Whenever I find a civ I make it a point of visiting all it's green dots and raising my rep high enough to be able to deal with them. I try and do this with 2-3+ civs that are close together near the core and then I can just hover the map and locate the factories for what I need. There is always a product or two I can't find easily and I just systematically visit all trade stations one by one until I find... There is one time where I had to expand further on this but most of the time I can gather what I need quickly.

I really wish there was a module that remembers where what is sold though... The trade module is better than nothing but not much.

The notes feature on the galaxy map is good for keeping track of factories that have things you want.

As for storing, you could build a 'warehouse' in an empty sector. A ship mainly cargo hold. Doesn't even need engines. Gather your goods, jump in and transfer them to it. Rinse and repeat. You may need to defend it while you are in the sector but just kill everything before you leave.