Build Mode: Find and replace/Bill of Materials

GrimJahk

Suggestion

I'd like the ability to replace all of one type of material with another without having to take my ship apart to do it...  I have Titanium Generators and now have the Neonate materials to upgrade? Click from this, to that, and... Done.

Currently with some of the more complex ship designs... it's a 10 minute challenge to "peel away" layers just to find stuff...

Having a screen (BOM) that details what materials you currently have would be amazing! that would also make the above suggestion trivial. go to the line that shows 130^3m of Titanium Generators, click replace, select your material... and done.

5 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

If you want to translate whole shipparts (or even the whole thing) just copy the part to the template menu and rebuild it while having the target material selected. That won't do of course, if you want to only change the inner parts of the ship. A list of some kind with all blocks where changing the material would be possible sounds like an awesome idea.

Admittedly I do this via XML editing and replace functions already...

xml editing is pretty powerful once you figure out what you are doing.

While this is possible, it's not necessarily a feature of the game... not everyone wants to leave the game each time they want to try an edit or see what functionally changes when you try swapping out material.

Right now in order to know what your ship is made up of, in game, you have to peel it...

If you can select a line item on a BOM and swap out material and see instantly the effects... this will help ship designers.