shipyards building player designs

sharvah

I'd love to see this...

The one thing that bothers me the most, aesthetically, is the entire "Blocks in Space" motif...

If players had the ability to submit ships to a master database and the game could call on that list to add diversity to the environment... WOW

The basics for this is already somewhat in the game I found.

When you install the mod or edit the code to allow for players to also build the shipyard,

this will give the shipyard a building template type called test instead of the regular 3 types that differ per shipyard.

The ships created with this template all look the same, so in theory this template should be editable.

I haven't fully looked into it yet since I have only found out about this yesterday but it looks promosing!

still you get the problem with ppl endlessly designing dongs and such.

but I like the idea, especially if players design built with the randomizer block have those blocks randomized again by the shipyard, so each would feel unique somewhat but still in line with the main theme

The one thing that bothers me the most, aesthetically, is the entire "Blocks in Space" motif...

Yeah, The thing that makes the voxels thing interesting is that, although sure, you can just build a blocky whatever ship, you can also take the time to make something visually appealing.  Not for the players to do tho, the devs need  to do it themselves or find someone to do it- because it still needs to be procedurally generated, just in a way that takes advantage of the voxel system (in other words making the ships look appealing)

Some of the procgen block ships and stations look pretty cool, but a lot of them do end up looking like a lump of glue flew through a junkyard, yeah. Still, I kinda like the aesthetic.

Most of the procgen ships come in five types:

long stick

flat sword

skinny boomerang

boxes3

flying T