Ship taking damage when building or partly built.

Larky2k

Suggestion

Can we please remove this stupid feature. When building a Huge ship it will take damage over time cause you don't have the mechanics onboard. Can we have a button that says complete ship and then start taking damage cause of lack of crew. So when building massive ship and your flying around to gather resources for it and credits it not taking damage cause its half built.

8 answers to this suggestion

Ya I agree! This is why I am going into creative mode to build instead and then hire up as much crew in my normal game, then I apply plan so I am not having to repair a bunch of times wasting resources. I didn't realize before that the ship was losing parts as I built because it was taking damage already. Really lame lol

While building my flagship i left building mode for a moment and bumped into my old ship:

1. My old ship went BOOM

2. I damaged a station and lost half of my new ship.

3. I decided to never ever try to build something large in my normal campaign.

Yeah, using a creative mode world to build is the way to go. :(

I have collision off totally because it's just to broken at the moment lol. I jump through a gate and you have no idea how many times I spawned either on an asteroid or another ship. I remember the first time I had 100% collision and I did a jump and was instead dead because of this. Never again! Off it went lol

I'd like to see the way ship building is handled changed completely, for the "normal" non-creative mode at least. So to build a new ship, you'd need to dock with a shipyard or repair dock - The station will house, store and protect an incomplete ship, and provide you a safe space to build it in without having to be concerned about degradation by lack of crew, pirate or hostile faction attack in poorly defended sectors etc. Once you've launched though, any modifications to your ship become much more expensive (excluding turrets) and take time to perform, each new block/turret being placed as a "blueprint", with framework as a placeholder until completion. A new tech block would allow "instantaneous" construction at normal cost in the vicinity of the ship housing it. It'd need a minimum size to perform the function 100% though, with anything smaller providing a reduction in cost and time-to-build. There could even be roaming AI ships offering the service in the same fashion as mobile turrent merchants.