Suggetion: Revamp of boost mechanic

An Ning

Suggestion

Boost is overused and honestly seems to make fights longer and more irritating, as enemies just boost constantly in combat. It is overused out of combat as well.. unless I am low on energy, I am almost never relying on normal engine power to get around, I'm usually boosting.

What I suggest is 2 parts: the creation of an "overheat" function for boosters so that they are used more sparingly, and the implementation of an "overdrive" engine function that drains power from shields (and weapons?) in exchange for a dramatic speed increase -this would be what ships use for transit between stations when not fighting, to escape a fight, as well as to charge the jump drive (meaning you can't jump while using it, you have to slow down).

This would create a system for increasing the speed of a ship in transit (while granting a "penalty" of not being able to jump away and being more vulnerable due to lack of shields), enabling systems to be a bit more expansive, with stations further apart (and pirate raids able to take place in the expanse between stations).

It would also slow ship movement in combat down a bit, making combat itself "more boom and less zoom", to make the quote.

Edited by An Ning

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet