How I spent my time in Avorion [PIEGRAPH]

Grungle

For me it's been laser modulators.  Can't find those dang things anywhere.  Are there even factories for them?  I only ever see them offered (very rarely) at trading posts, and they're almost always out of them.  My last several play sessions have been nothing but jumping to system after system, checking my trade interface and waiting for the hyperdrive to refill.  Well, at least I've got a lot of the galaxy explored now...

I too did the electric space boogaloo looking for laser and railgun parts. I eventually found them all, and multiple sources of most. I only found one Conductor factory after exploring hundreds of systems though, and it had no resources, so I had to bring it resources, too.

The trick is to take time out to blast pirates, blast wreckage, build a new ship, etc.

I would go so far as to say each faction should within their borders have access to every type of item, whether it be through a factory or a trading post.  When the game spawns said factions, it should go through to check things are all there.

Some might say, well that's no fun for space traders who want to take advantage of one space empire lacking a certain thing!

To that I say, FINE! Broaden the scope so that, when the game spawns a cluster of 2-4 factions, let it go through a list to confirm each type of item exists therein again be it through either trading posts or factories.

It's usually going to be faster and easier to collect the needed materials and bring them to the empty factory than it is to go looking for another factory that isn't empty. Materials are often much easier to come by than end products (well, penultimate products in the case of turret parts).

The good news is that turret factories are rather unbalanced at the moment and churn out absurdly overpowered weapons alongside very efficient and powerful mining and salvaging lasers, so when you do complete your quest you'll be able to obliterate everything in sight.