Camera Interpolation/Smoothing

Weylin

Suggestion

Currently, the camera in this game feels very "snappy" and rough overall.

I suggest adding a subtle acceleration to the camera, so that it swings, rolls, and zooms with a substantial quality to it.

This will immediately give a professional quality to the camera, and make it much easier on the eyes.

A game setting slider for scaling the effect may be desired since people prefer varying degrees of this, or possibly none at all.

3 answers to this suggestion

Alright, is there a script that justifies control of the in-game camera? I want to take a look at it and see if I can't add some smoothing variables to it myself.

I need to do this because jerky sudden movements on the screen give me headaches and muscle twitches

• Boxelware Team

There is currently no way for that, nor is it planned for the near future. Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question, but did you try to lower your mouse sensitivity? For me there are no jerky movements besides the mining lasers of the drone readjusting if I move. Everything else looks quite smooth to me.

There is currently no way for that, nor is it planned for the near future. Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question, but did you try to lower your mouse sensitivity? For me there are no jerky movements besides the mining lasers of the drone readjusting if I move. Everything else looks quite smooth to me.

The mouse itself is fine, it's just that when rotating the camera, or doing a roll manuver, it's sudden.

When rotating the camera, there seems to be a minimum angle step, so the camera only rotates in 0.1degree increments.

All I'm suggesting is to make the camera act somewhat physical, as though it has some weight and inertia. Makes it immensely easier on the eyes. If it's not worth dev time, I'd like to work on it myself.