Question about sectors staying active.

Atropo

I did a little searching around and I couldn't find the answer to my questions, so I figured I would just ask.  Apologies if this has been brought up before.

I love the game, I think it has a lot going for it, and I love that I can play with friends.  My main gripe right now is how sectors go inactive as soon as you leave them.  Is it planned for them to be simulated later on in development? I want to be able to build a huge trade/factory system like in the X series.  Freighters moving goods from factory A to factory B, etc.

Right now I just feel like there's no point to setting any of the mines or stations up because as soon as you want to go somewhere else things just halt.

I was hoping to find a general roadmap of this game, but have not been able to.  If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!  :D

You can read a bit about the planned features on their Kickstarter page, and also some hints here and there on the forums.

As for the sectors, they stay loaded by default for 5 minutes. You can change this in the server settings, but keeping them loaded for longer will badly increase use of performance as well.

It seems to be planned, and also quite essential, for sectors to stay loaded or atleast for factories to keep producing.

For now dear Laserzwei wrote a mod that emulates the process of factories by making a timestamp and calculating the produced goods when you re-enter the sector which works pretty well. His mod is called Out of Sector Production, which you will find in the Mods section or by searching for it ;)

As a quick-fix for now, you can use the Out of sector production mod.

Yeah I saw that, I was really hoping to get info on future plans for the core game.  If the devs had plans for implementing a system for a living galaxy and player run freighter systems, like in the X series.

I am willing to shelf the game till it is more complete if that is the case, instead of installing a bandaid solution mod (no offense to the mod author, I think what he did was great).

You can read a bit about the planned features on their Kickstarter page, and also some hints here and there on the forums.

As for the sectors, they stay loaded by default for 5 minutes. You can change this in the server settings, but keeping them loaded for longer will badly increase use of performance as well.

It seems to be planned, and also quite essential, for sectors to stay loaded or atleast for factories to keep producing.

For now dear Laserzwei wrote a mod that emulates the process of factories by making a timestamp and calculating the produced goods when you re-enter the sector which works pretty well. His mod is called Out of Sector Production, which you will find in the Mods section or by searching for it ;)

Thanks for that, I'll take a look at the kickstarter page :).