Weapon groups and A-TCS upgrade modules should behave differently

Blaine

Suggestion

Currently, there's no virtually no reason to use A-TCS modules unless you don't have enough M-TCS or C-TCS modules. It's pretty much always better to use dedicated M or C versions, and swap them in and out as desired. They're easy enough to come by once players are around mid-game.

Since numbered turret groups can be activated and deactivated with the number keys, I believe gameplay would be enhanced if only activated turret groups counted toward total turret hardpoints. That way, we could sacrifice a few slots and use a bit more power, but gain additional versatility.

For example, if I put two A-TCS-3 modules into my ship's upgrade slots, outfit my ship with 8 Railguns and 8 Salvaging Lasers, and assign the Railguns to group 1 and the Lasers to group 2, I could then use either all of my Railguns or all of my Lasers, but never both.

As things stand now, I can just go into build mode and switch between M-TCS and C-TCS modules (and weapons/mining and salvaging lasers). This isn't as interesting as a more versatile setup would be; I'd be willing to give up 2-3 of each turret in order to have two banks of both types of turret.

Of course, this should only work with A-TCS modules. Otherwise, players could have a bank of every weapon type to swap between, which would be pretty cheesy.

0 answers to this suggestion

There have been no answers to this suggestion yet