Mining Square

Quellcrest

I saw this from one of the steam preview trailers. Thought it was funny and it turns out works extremely well.

This version uses a few Avorion pieces, but you could very easily turn them into Titanium or Trinium/etc.

It's also a little overkill as it uses almost 40 lasers but again, just use it with 15 or whatever and it works just as well.

It vaporizes the large rich asteroids in about 5 seconds.

Ship Cost:

XoInixA.jpg

Ship With Lasers Activated:

kwqSp4w.jpg

Ship Stats:

HlnzjtJ.jpg

Colossal.xml

When i saw this in the trailer i screamed out loud, "THAT IS SO COOL!"

That's why I made it. Wanted to see how well it worked.

Change to salvage beams... and well.... ::)

Been there, done that. Doesn't work well. Ships have way too many tiny little parts that take too long to get salvaged. If you fly an asteroid through this ring of death, it's almost instantly vaporized. Doing it with ships, you have to go over and over the same blocks a bunch.

Been there, done that. Doesn't work well. Ships have way too many tiny little parts that take too long to get salvaged. If you fly an asteroid through this ring of death, it's almost instantly vaporized. Doing it with ships, you have to go over and over the same blocks a bunch.

Indeed, although if they work out some of the kinks in autonomous salvaging turrets, you'll be back in business. As it is now, you have to babysit them.

This is a cool mining cube and I may use it, or part of it. Although it's cool and that's all that matters, I find the main issue with mining asteroids (in endgame quantities) isn't necessarily mining them quickly, but finding them and reaching them quickly. There are only ever one or two rich asteroids per sector, and it's rare to even find two.