Sheel's Steel Inc. (News: Tachi-Class "Rocinante" Released!)

Blondersheel

Sheel's Steel Inc.

Ship Classification Description

(Credit to Mobiyus for the naming convention)

[ship name] [material]-[slots] [ship role]

Detailed Replicas:

She's finally ready!

Tachi-Class "Rocinante" Xa-06/03/02

CgaTvWb.jpg

The Rocinante from "The Expanse" TV Series. I've been working on this for quite awhile and now I feel like I've gotten it to the point where I'm comfortable releasing!

MORE PICTURES!

ROgJB2j.jpg

Ek7dgqc.jpg

Df6xiPv.jpg

I'm releasing the ship in three sizes, details listed below:

Size Comparison Picture:

From left to right: 3:1, 5:1, 10:1, 40:1(building scale)

mNZAzp5.jpg

WARNING!:All of the versions below have very good maneuverability, however what they don't have is break thrust(on purpose). It is HIGHLY recommended to use the "flip and burn" strategy depicted on the show!

10:1 Scale Version: This size just "feels" right to me even though its 10x the actual size. It is very maneuverable and has enough size to make it capable of taking on a large variety of opponents. It has 6 module slots and mounting points for 6 x 1.0 turrets OR 24(!) x 0.5 turrets.

Details:

Cost: Credits:587,570 | Iron:675 | Trinium:14,871 | Xanion:40,512

Stats:2cNE68h.jpg

~5:1 Scale Version: I scaled the ship down closer to actual size, but maintained the ability to mount 0.5 size turrets. This ship is ridiculously maneuverable and still has some fighting capability. It has 3 module slots and mounting points for 6 x 0.5 turrets.

Cost: Credits:73,960 | Iron:82 | Trinium:7,197 | Xanion:4,997

Stats:9bgSI7s.jpg

~3:1 Scale Version: I scaled the ship down further, maintaining the ability to mount a size 0.3 turret. The only thing this size really gains over the 5:1 version is that it is closer to the "real" ship size. I can't scale the ship any further without losing the ability to use the turret mounts even in their modified state. It has 2 module slots and mounting points for 6 x 0.3 turrets.

Cost: Credits:21,196 | Iron:21 | Trinium:6,624 | Xanion:1,369

Stats:CNXayh6.jpg

XMLs:

Original Designs:

Venture Xa-09 Freighter

itFiDnS.jpg

The Venture is a long range freighter designed for deep space operation. With a significant cargo capacity, high jump range, and adequate shielding the Venture has what it takes for even the most demanding delivery man!

Additional Shots:

itFiDnSl.jpg

Kh74dj5l.jpg

8lB30BJl.jpg

rdgs624l.jpg

Cost / Stats:

Cost: 2,976,031 Credits | 153,851 Xanion | 169,540 Trinium | 17,884 Iron

Stats:

JZlIlrb.jpg

Special Features:

Advanced Shield Generator:

clVIOOCm.jpg

Powered Utility Hardpoints:

lXkf5N6m.jpg

Jump Range Enhancement Grid:

yAg7fzAm.jpg

XML:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3VDHeJyS1dQV3hvdWFTVC1oMVU

Outdated Designs:

These designs are considered obsolete and may undergo retrofitting in the future.

NCC-1701 Replica Tr-07 [Non DTU]

kIeYWiMl=.jpg

Additional Details:

hEpshYal.jpg

9duHPUKl.jpg

rH49IZel.jpg

Cost: 1,812,609 Credits | 131,646 Titanium | 122,069 Naonite

Stats:

Sx4pYiul.jpg

XML:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3VDHeJyS1dQVVJjTkVIc205Wlk

Any comments would be appreciated!

Thanks for the compliments!

@Cr4zyErA:

Pretty much like Tsunamik says: lots of edge blocks!

I did use a small trick in that I first created my sphere (the previous ship I mentioned above). From that I created all of these round shapes by scaling the sphere (I.e. Saucer halves are flattened sphere halves with some editing; nacelle/engineering sections are cut-and-reattached layers of the sphere stretched out in the length direction). Even with tricks, creating round shapes is pretty time consuming as any little mistake shows up very clearly.

• 2 weeks later...
Very faithful NCC-1701 you got there, shame it's outdated! And that freighter man, i absolutely love those rings. It inspires me on many levels.

Thanks Mobiyus! Funny, but your saucer sections are one of the reasons I want to rework the NCC-1701. I want to work in a bump on the top/bottom like in your cavia porcellus. Thanks again for the saucer XMLs.

I'm definitely happy with how the freighter turned out, but it needs some DTU love. Hopefully soon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The detail work on the Rocinante is excellent, but it looks to be a way bigger scale that the actual ship (Judging from the look of your tiny thruster blocks).  Not a big deal if you don't care about scale. 

The length I found says it's 46 meters in length, (A corvette class ship)  so approximately 9 size 1 blocks in length.  or 9.2 blocks in length (given in game it says a 0.2 block is 1 meter.)  do you think it would scale down correctly to try to reach that scale without loosing much of your detailing?

Good eye, it is definitely significantly bigger than actual..for building and detailing purposes. It is built on a scale multiple though and will be scaled down for release, and yes all the detailing is preserved.

I'll probably release in two sizes.

One: as small as I can make it where the turret mounts are still large enough to mount turrets (unfortunately I don't think I can go quite down to "actual" size). Two: a bit larger where it "feels" right to fly and can be more of a capable ship. The larger size will likely be 1/4 of the size shown in the photo

Thanks Sable Phoenix :)

I've applied the modified turret mountings to all sizes (the 10:1 size can now mount size 1.0 turrets) and corrected the rogue titanium that made it into some of the internal thrusters.

OP is updated with revised costs and updated XMLs

Happy Flying!

Great work Sheel!

as for being able to use the gun mounts on the smaller scales,  I'm betting if you sacrificed it's rounded shape for a rectangle one, you probably could squeeze a little bit bigger turrets on the smaller scales.  or just fill in the turret holes completely with one block  (now if only there were moving blocks to have the turrets actually retract and the shutter doors that would also open and close.)

But regardless I will download it if for no other reason but to get a closer look on how you finished off the front nose cone.  (I couldn't figure it out when I was building my own Rocinante inspired but not 100% detail accurate Starter corvette class )