Store ships at repair dock

Weylin

Suggestion

Can we have the option to store and retrieve ships at the repair dock?

Doing so would cost a fraction of the credit value of your ship, but crews would be considered off duty and not require payment, and the ship could be retrieved from any repair dock in the galaxy.

Additionally, these stations would have an option to "Set home", so your drone will always respawn there, and you can withdraw a stored ship.

In this way you can amass several backup ships, or just swap when you feel like flying something else, or making a new ship but don't want to lose the current one and all its crew.

7 answers to this suggestion

I like the suggestion, although it introduces a potential abuse: moving a large number of ships across the galaxy by using a single ship with the ability to jump long distances. Stick your fleet in a dock, jump across the world yourself, and poof you've got a fleet halfway around the galaxy in a few jumps despite only one ship being designed for quick travel.

I like the suggestion, although it introduces a potential abuse: moving a large number of ships across the galaxy by using a single ship with the ability to jump long distances. Stick your fleet in a dock, jump across the world yourself, and poof you've got a fleet halfway around the galaxy in a few jumps despite only one ship being designed for quick travel.

Could hamper this abuse by making ship availability based on Faction standing... or "Reconstruction cost" or BOTH... neutral =100% credit cost (not materials) to rebuild your ship away from where you stored it. (Admired = 25% of credits)

Moving a fleet this way would be very costly (or put a timer on, on ship per hour?)

Lot's of ways to balance it, but overall I just want to be able to store ships and set my home location, even if it requires an above friendly standing to do it.

Doesn't even have to be the repair dock, specifically, could be its own station type, or shipyards instead, it makes no difference.

Lot's of ways to balance it, but overall I just want to be able to store ships and set my home location, even if it requires an above friendly standing to do it.

Doesn't even have to be the repair dock, specifically, could be its own station type, or shipyards instead, it makes no difference.

There's a mod currently that kinda allows this (minus ship storage), but I can see why people would want that in the stock game.

+1