Vertex editing

Weylin

Suggestion

Being able to create designs as though it's a 3D editing software would be helpful in a lot of situations and make it completely unnecessary to have different block shapes on the pallet. Enclosed volumes could still be calculated and assigned to different types.

If there's no practical way to implement this, perhaps someone could make an external converter for turning 3D models into ships in game? I know there's an intuitive way to do this, but I lack the mental capacity to do such acrobatics

2 answers to this suggestion

yea. im hoping we get something like this.

it would make a lot of sizing blocks easier if we where able to go into a mode that let us select a number of vertices and let the game auto draw in the shape.

since that way the default shapes list could be kept simple and uncluttered while accounting for for odd shapes like in this thread

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2022.msg10264.html

yea. im hoping we get something like this.

it would make a lot of sizing blocks easier if we where able to go into a mode that let us select a number of vertices and let the game auto draw in the shape.

since that way the default shapes list could be kept simple and uncluttered while accounting for for odd shapes like in this thread

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2022.msg10264.html

That whole thing was one of my main reasonings for this here.

I mean, I'm thrilled that we have this much already. This game is really a step above the others as one of the first that has scalable building blocks. I've been nagging Space Engineers for fucking ever to have scalable slopes and corners because of the massive visual improvement it allows.

Scalable slopes basically means you can produce just about any curve, angle, or elogation you want.

Try making an X-wing in Space Engineers. It's gonna be ugly as shit under the most ideal circumstances, but THIS game is entirely capable of making one properly.