what's the plan with crews?

LoSboccacc

I looked trough the various upcoming features, suggestion and various post, but I can't find much information, apart from the planned boarding feature.

So far crews are at most passive work unit, at best a soft cap on ship size and in general not much useful beyond having enough to run the ship.

Is there any plan to have them more active, as in getting wounded/killed in combat according to role/block hit or even fighting fires etc? Having an infirmary, training centers, bridges and all that star trek crap on a ship and all affecting ship stats dynamically as combat evolves would be awesome.

Not sure what the Plans are, but from an Interview with Koonshi i just watched i can quote him on the topic regarding Crew (the question was asking for more depth, skilltrees and such), that the current implementation is as far as he wants to go in terms of complexity... maybe that changes during development, but thats what i can give on additional Information...

Link to the Interview (german):

Not sure what the Plans are, but from an Interview with Koonshi i just watched i can quote him on the topic regarding Crew (the question was asking for more depth, skilltrees and such), that the current implementation is as far as he wants to go in terms of complexity... maybe that changes during development, but thats what i can give on additional Information...

Link to the Interview (german):

Ok then. Avorion is an incredible game as it is, I understand the desire for not adding too much. Will get my trekker personell stories fix from cosmoteer XD