Mark your threads (DTU) if your ship is Directional Thruster Upgraded

GrimJahk

For those of us that have the design skills of a blind wombat...

But still like playing bleeding edge beta testing...

We would LOVE it if those of you who are designing and testing the new thruster mechanics with your designs would share!!!

It also might help if we had a way to know that your ships are DTW (Directional Thruster Upgraded) by adding in "DTU" to your thread title.

i looked into the Beta Branch yesterday to test out the new Thrusters, and i can say: My ships are perfectly fine without em, even handling better than before, especially braking ability was improved massivly, so no need to switch out here...

would that mean my Ships are "DTU" ?

i looked into the Beta Branch yesterday to test out the new Thrusters, and i can say: My ships are perfectly fine without em, even handling better than before, especially braking ability was improved massivly, so no need to switch out here...

would that mean my Ships are "DTU" ?

Any design that is functional under the evolving design specs would qualify in my book ;)

oh well, thats very true, game versions without them thrusters could get into trouble, havent thought of that! might depend aswell on how far away the beta version is from going live...

maybe soon enought the new update becomes the new default and a <NOT UPDATED YET> marking which can be removed if tested with the directional thrust update would make more sense, the other way around basically...

I was flying the Alligator and switched to Beta Branch... YIKES that hurt my head... took me two days of tweaking (Have I mentioned how much I hate designing ships?) to make it playable again, looks like crap now but flies in a way I can make work.

I fully expect that the new paradigm will be in the launch.. Thruster slivers was broken.

A nice idea of having some marking for that. Dunno, though - if someone haven't seen this post, DTU would say nothing to him. Maybe just say "Beta" in title? I guess i'll do both.

I was flying the Alligator and switched to Beta Branch... YIKES that hurt my head... took me two days of tweaking (Have I mentioned how much I hate designing ships?) to make it playable again, looks like crap now but flies in a way I can make work.

I've redone Alligator with new thrusters, now it rotates even better that pre-patch one :)

A nice idea of having some marking for that. Dunno, though - if someone haven't seen this post, DTU would say nothing to him. Maybe just say "Beta" in title? I guess i'll do both.

I've redone Alligator with new thrusters, now it rotates even better that pre-patch one :)

YAYYYYY

A nice idea of having some marking for that. Dunno, though - if someone haven't seen this post, DTU would say nothing to him. Maybe just say "Beta" in title?

I was thinking the same thing.

Also, if the intention is to make it easier to tell at a glance which ships are designed for the Beta changes, wouldn't it make more sense to put "[DTU]" as a prefix rather than add "(DTU)" at the end of the topic title (where it is easy to miss)?