[MOD]Ancient Artifact(system)Open WormHoles with this artifact[MOD]

LogicSocket

Hello everyone. I created a mod that allows you to add a special Ancient Artifact. This is a system. (it goes into one of your system slots)

as soon as you plug it in, a one-way random wormhole appears. This wormhole is temporary, and will vanish after a small amount of time. Using this will suck your ships energy out quickly so unequip it when you have created your wormhole. You can simply plug it in again to make a new one, even in the same sector.

Credits:

Aki: for his bit in wormhole discussion and code sample. Also for his inventory mod which I used as a base to create my own command to add my artifact to the game. (mine will not over-ride his so no worries.

Instructions to add the artifact:

hit enter and paste this:

/lsartifact artifact ancientartifact Legendary

Installation Instructions for the mod:

unzip/unrar and copy data folder into your steamapps>common>avorion folder and merge.

Mod Download:

https://mega.nz/#!MVUn1DaJ!iYfrDtAQQIbpDcohtmxwJBG0OC8pGYsNgl_64x0h24U

2yuj78h.jpg

de4c95.jpg

vzj908.jpg

11w5348.jpg

Mod does what it's supposed to do. The wormhole system seems a little buggy though. After opening a wormhole in a system then traveling through or waiting for it to disappear, upon opening another wormhole you can not travel through it. If you go to a new sector then open a wormhole it works again but it seem like after a wormhole was created in a sector, you can not create another one in that same sector, even if the wormhole is no longer there.

I love the idea of the mod also is it possible to set the range on the item? So say there is one for every rarity and each rarity say for common would have a range of 1 to 10 sectors (and of course higher range depending on the rarity). Also could you make it so there is a chance that the system can burn up.