Fleet Management Suggestions

GOForce3

Suggestion

Creating a fleet is a fun aspect of the game.  I came up with a few things that could really help with fleet management, which right now, can be almost like herding cats.

[*]Ship List Tab, ship list:  In the list of ships, add a couple more columns.  (1) Current ship orders, (2) Current ship status (idle, attacking, moving, mining, salvaging, etc...), (3) Hyperdrive charge status

[*]Ship List Tab, ship details:  Next to each ship, have a small triangle that you could expand the view of that ship to see detailed information about it, pretty much everything that the Ship Info Tab would show you

[*]Ship List Tab, hyperspace with me checkbox:  You can put a check mark on all the ships that you would like to hyperspace along with you regardless of what their orders are.  Plus, the ships' orders will remain the same when you arrive to the new sector.  Ships that have hangar bays and have launched fighters will only hyperspace once all fighters have been recalled.

[*]Hyperspace Orders:  In the orders menu, there'll be 3 additional options: (1) Recall Fighters (if it has hangar bays and has launched fighters), (2) Emergency hyperspace, will jump as soon as possible regardless of where its fighters are, (3) Hyperspace to me. The ship will immediately hyperspace over to your sector.  This could take some time depending on how many jumps it needs to make and its hyperdrive cooldown

Another thing that would be good is to have your ships reliably follow you through a gate.  Or if you issue them an order to go through (in tactical view), they don't bunch up on each other when they arrive to the other sector.  That could destroy ships because they're constantly hitting each other.

2 answers to this suggestion