3 sided pyramids, Ha'Tak Mothership... How?

Identitools

Coincidentally, when I showed some Avorion ships to a friend last night, he suggested that I should try to build one of those Goa'uld pyramid-shaped motherships.

I think you're biggest obstacle in trying to build this is the fact that it's a 4-sided tetrahedron. (When you count the bottom, the Ha'Tak's pyramid has 4 sides.) While Avorion has some edge blocks, there isn't anything that lends itself to a tetrahedron shape. All blocks - including the edge blocks - have right angles like cubes and rectangles. Granted, I've seen some amazing shapes done with these. (Here, Mobyius even managed to create a classic saucer shape.) But a tetrahedron would be difficult, maybe even impossible.

May I suggest that you consider a 5-sided polygon (4-sided pyramid) version, instead? That should be quite feasible. You may even be able to add branch-like protrusions similar to those in that image.

The Goa'uld ship that we saw in the film (and those in the early seasons) were based on a 5-sided pyramid. They're designed to fit on top of stone pyramids like the Great Pyramid at Giza.

• 2 weeks later...

There would be a way to make such geometry given a "ridge" block (i.e. the inner Corner with not one, but two opposite vertices missing on the upper side):

ridgeblock.gif

However, without such block, there's no way to reproduce the boundary between the two non-symmetrical sides of the tetrahedron.

• 1 year later...

Hello everybody,

is this topic yet actually? More precisely in terms of the implementation of the tetrahedron?

I do reach often the point, that i can't realize my Shipcreations resp. Plans of them because it's impossible to build an three-sided-pyramid also called as tetrahedron. I don't know, if that, what i need, called as a real tetrahedron, but it's nearly the same..

It's not necessary that these form of corner/edge/slope can be placed in any direction of 360°angle.. I wan't also build an Goa'uld-Mothership or something like that. But sometimes it would be nice to realize the following block (simply the half of implemented Block, that called "Edge/Slope/corner 3", materials doesn't matter):

Example - detail

What i need

What for

It's perhaps possible, because these kind of slope have 90degrees in x, y and z direction?

If these kind of block would never be implemented, tell me also.. it's better to know as have remain unfulfilled hope

Thanks for answers! :)