Nick's Builds (Battlestar Content) (DTU)

Nic_s

My first complex build and it's far from perfect. Had some trouble with some of the curves, but I've learned some stuff while building this. So when I ever feel like spending something like 100+ hours on another build, I will try and build one to 1:1 scale and then hopefully I can work out how to get the curves to line up better. Part of the problem was that I used odd grid scaling in some places to get the curves I wanted and then had trouble getting things to line up properly.

This build is 1/2 scale, but you can of course scale it up in the build screen if you like by holding Q.

In the google drive link zip is the build I will be using in my single player and a empty shell version so people can fill it in any way they please. It's trinium and xanium for my single player purpose, but I'm sure everyone here knows by now that you can just edit the xml file and change the material to whatever you want.

NOTE: The shell is a tiny bit different vs my complete build as I made some slight changes with the armor where the hangars are, but it's like 99.9% the same.

My version uses Xanium engines, but I wanted blue. So I placed a thin layer of Trinium engines over the xanion. In some places this works, but mostly the yellow from the xanion still goes through. I even tried placing a layer of hull over the Xanion engine and then a layer of Trinium engine, but still the yellow would go through. The reason I have such small Trinium is for the blue color, but also to reduce the huge amount of engine light that comes out the back. The lower engine pods on the ship almost has the effect I was after. I got tired of trying so it is what it is right now.

My version's stats:

Stats.jpg

My version's cost:

Cost.jpg

Some screenshots with it in action (Click for larger version):

Shot1.jpg

Shot2.jpg

Shot3.jpg

Shot4.jpg

Shot5.jpg

Shot6.jpg

Shot7.jpg

Shot8.jpg

Shot9.jpg

Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByKwbrLg1nJwcDZ1dnpaSV9DcTA

If people want, I can post some links and info about the Galactica if anyone wants to attempt a build on their own. Let me know.

PROBLEM:

For some reason the fighters can't work out how to get back into the hangars when you recall them. They just loop around the outer edge of the ship as seen in the picture below. To get them in I have to wait for them to start looping, then I fly forward straight into them and get some in... then reverse into the ones at the back and get a few in that way... repeat until all are in. I'm guessing if I make the hangars face to the left and right of the ship it will work, but the build will then be even less accurate than it already is.

Fighter_Problem.jpg

EDIT: Added some more screen shots

There is issues with fighters and very small hangar entrances - they can´t maneuver well enough to fit in :)

I have my hangars facing downwards, and they are very shallow, but very wide, and I have no problem with fighter landings

hmm... so if it's bigger they might work fine. I did try with the larger hangar only, but until there is a patch to help with the issue we would need them bigger... or in this case a different position.